Where can I find new paint brushes for Pixelmator Pro?

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2020-04-01 01:16:21

I've love to find some new brushes for Pixelmator Pro but can't find where to get them or buy them. Other apps, like Affinity Photo, provide a place to purchase a bunch of brush sets on their website. Please, help me find where to get new brushes for Pixelmator Pro.

2020-04-01 14:23:00

Hi Matt! Pixelmator Pro supports ABR (Photoshop) brushes and you can find lots of those for free online so that would be a great place to start. We'll keep the idea for creating our own brushes in mind, though!

2020-12-14 15:35:15

I've found that Photoshop brushes just do not act well in Pixelmator Pro. The strokes don't flow together as expected. It looks different than expected (with any brush I've downloaded and installed). Here is an example of a set of what it is suppose to look like and how it comes out:

2022-10-24 16:19:12

by Andy Otto I've found that Photoshop brushes just do not act well in Pixelmator Pro. The strokes don't flow together as expected. It looks different than expected (with any brush I've downloaded and installed). Here is an example of a set of what it is suppose to look like and how it comes out:

There are many settings, which I think is the problem. I LOVE Pixelmator Pro and want to JUST use it along with other Apple products. So I find myself googling how to do XYZ in PP vs PS. Usually, I can find how to do it, but maybe the wording is diff or the tool is in a diff place than expected.

Have you had luck?

2022-11-14 17:21:04

Yes, Almost all ps brushes are imported differently than in ps,The pp brush settings are very different from ps, this may be the reason for the brush error, apparently pp does not solve this problem, I think only some simple brushes are displayed normally, pp is an interesting software, but he does not like With excellent communities and ecology like ps and procreate, I hope manufacturers can realize this problem.