What is preventing me from using Color Fill? (I just get that annoying droplet sound effect.)

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-10-17 02:50:06

2022-10-17 07:11:59

What do you want to fill? The selected "Path copy 5" seems just a line. Go "Style" - add Fill - but you won´t see it unless you move a node away from the straight line.

2022-10-19 06:48:48

I want to fill anything that can be filled. When I use the Color Fill tool it won't let me fill anything. I just get a droplet sound that indicates that it's not possible. Moving nodes is not an option as it would be too time consuming to adjust nodes when I could just touch the Color Fill tool and be done in one second. No matter how I make a shape, I can't use Color Fill.

2022-10-19 08:31:42

The only 3 things you can fill and make sense are the 2 Ellipses and the separate polygon. Pixelmator Pro will add Fill Color to straight 2 point lines - but you can´t see it - as it is not a shape.
Can you provide a step-by-step how you´re going to add a fill color to a vector object?

2022-10-20 00:33:18

The 2 ellipses and the polygon cannot be filled using the Color Fill tool. If I try I get the droplet sound effect which indicates that it's not possible. I'm wondering why this is the case. I'm not saying that it can't be possible, I'm just saying that I don't understand why I'm getting this water droplet sound effect. I cannot provide a step-by-step on how to fill a vector object because I have not idea what I am doing, hence my questions on here.

2022-10-20 07:26:53

Mmh. I wanted a step-by-step to see if I can get the same warning sound by following your workflow.
Try over with fresh empty document
1. File->New (cmd+N)
2. Open Shape Library (U)
3. Draw Ellipse - it has default Stroke+Fill which might be a last used Style - Changes can be be made accordingly because the Add Style (S) panel automatically opened
4. If it´s a pure silhouette click on the "Add Style" button and add Fill for instance…

2022-10-25 04:09:47

I think I accidentally locked the layers without realizing it because everything works as expected now. Probably user error. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

2022-10-25 08:27:10

Good to hear it´s working now. (But from your screenshot none of your layers show the "locked" icon which I otherwise have mentioned.)