Mask is corrupted after rotating the layer

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-10-18 12:15:10

I wonder if you guys have any quality control... :(

I've already reported bug with mask handling some time ago and it was fixed, but here is another one. I believe it's at least since Odesa version, but not sure, I've used Pixelmator sparingly during summer.

In short - again mask is not handled properly after rotating the layer.

How to reproduce:
- create new project;
- draw something on the layer;
- add mask;
- draw a pattern on the mask with black color, to hide some part of the layer;
- select the layer and rotate it;
- everything seems to be OK, but now:
- select the mask and start drawing - now part of the layer suddenly disappears - it seems to me as if the mask was not rotated although after rotation the image was displayed correctly.

Please stop making bells and whistles and implement quality control. Masks are core functionality in graphics programs, especially the ones that call themselves "Pro".

2022-10-18 12:26:06

Hi there, thanks for the report! Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to reproduce this issue with the above steps on my end so far. Would you be able to send a recording of the issue, as well as your project file, over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look?

2022-10-20 10:11:15

I tried to see if I could replicate the issue, but I was not able to see the problem:

I did this:

- draw whatever on a layer
- add mask
- draw black on mask to see through (I see transparent because I did not have other layers below)
- click on draw layer and edit - transform - rotate
- click on mask and add black again or white ...

it seems working fine