Use Ps actions/ATN files?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-02-05 00:48:12

On my quest for Pop Art a la Warhol and Lichtenstein (I cannot leave this alone because it is the first "significant" thing I've tried to do), I came across Ps actions that supposedly facilitate Pop Art projects. For all I know it is absolutely impossible to use these in PP. Still, it would be nice if you would look at this and find some way to make it possible.

2022-02-07 12:11:08

Adobe Photoshop actions aren't on our roadmap, as far as I know. However, I think it should be possible to create pop-art-like images in Pixelmator Pro, although it may not be a one-click process. I was actually curious to try it out and here's one quick attempt:

Surely, it's not the same exact style but I think it gives off a similar impression (?). Gaussian Blur, Threshold, Dot Screen, and False Color were the main effects I used here, and nothing had to be painted in by hand. I did section out the main elements like hair, face, and hair using layer masks to have more control when adjusting each one. And of course, I'm sure you could get even better results if you spend a little bit more time on the image. :)

2022-10-11 06:57:23

Somewhat related: How did you you create the multiple masks? I am asking as I can create only one mask under a layer and the option to create another mask is not active when I select the picture to generate an additional mask. Thank you, Chris

2022-10-11 07:44:12

Hi Chris! You can only create one mask per layer in Pixelmator Pro. If you look closely, you'll see this isn't one image layer with multiple masks, but rather a group containing duplicate image layers, each of which has one layer mask applied.

2022-10-11 12:26:35

Thank you Sir