Save As Template

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-09-24 08:41:07

Hi

Has the 'Save As Template' feature been removed? I can't locate it.

2022-09-26 12:08:48

No takers on this question? Any help appreciated.

2022-09-26 12:30:13

Hi there! There actually is no "Save as Template" feature in Pixelmator Pro at the moment, though we're looking to add it in a future update.

2022-09-26 13:07:38

by simonasd Hi there! There actually is no "Save as Template" feature in Pixelmator Pro at the moment, though we're looking to add it in a future update.
Thanks. I must be losing my marbles.

I was sure there was an option to do this in a previous version.

2022-09-26 13:50:54

There. I knew I wasn't bonkers. It used to be a feature.

2022-09-26 14:18:05

:eyes: Well, that's embarrassing.

I did check our previous builds and it was actually there. My mistake, I guess I'd never noticed it until now (hasn't been very long since I joined the team)...

Anyway, it turns out the old Save as Template feature wasn't removed, but rather moved to the Templates browser. Now, if you Choose the Default template, you'll be able to pick between different size presets for your blank document. In this preset browser, you can press the + icon at the top to add a new preset, and the arrow next to a preset to expand some options for it, including Redefine, which will save your current size settings to the preset.

We are planning to add a new "Save as Template" option in a future update which will let users save custom brand templates to their Templates browser.

2022-09-26 17:08:02

Thanks Simon.

Again, at the risk of sounding thick, how do I take a document I’ve been working on and save it as a template?

2022-09-26 21:49:35

From the online help:

2022-09-27 07:46:15

Yes, the above is how you can save a template you've been working on to your local storage or iCloud Drive, as with any other Pixelmator Pro document. Adding an existing document to the Templates browser, however, isn't possible right now.

2022-09-29 11:54:00

by simonasd Yes, the above is how you can save a template you've been working on to your local storage or iCloud Drive, as with any other Pixelmator Pro document. Adding an existing document to the Templates browser, however, isn't possible right now.
Thanks all.

It used to be a feature tp be able to save to templates browser. Oh well!

2022-09-29 13:39:23

by bogheadben It used to be a feature tp be able to save to templates browser. Oh well!
Agreed.

2023-07-22 02:57:16

Would love to see the adding a custom template to the gallery feature come back!