Info window -- paste into selected area

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2022-04-22 23:51:32

Hello,
One thing I did all the time in photoshop was make a selection, using the marquee tool, then bring up the info window to see the measurements of my selection. I can't figure out how to do this. I'd also like to be able to paste only into a selected area, then transform, which was sort of a no brainer in photoshop. Either of these would make me so happy! Thanks for any help.

2022-04-26 21:32:46

How I would go about it:
Make your selection with whatever tool you like - then
Go "Format->Convert into Shape"
Drag another image onto the open document - should appear above "Shape"
Right click the new loaded image and choose: Create Clipping Mask
Second image should appear inside "Shape" and can be transformed as you wish
Just my 2¢.

2022-04-26 21:52:53

Thanks, Ellen! I'm still looking for the equivalent of the pshop info window, where I can see the xy positions as well as the pixel dimensions of my selection... I usually don't convert/save until I can get that information.

2022-05-04 12:37:44

Hi zignorp, apologies for the late reply! Normally, you should be able to see the measurements of your selection in the Info Bar (View > Show Info Bar), though It seems there is a bug in the current Pixelmator Pro version where the selection dimensions are only shown while the selection is being made. After the selection is finished, the info bar should continue showing its dimensions, but instead shows the dimensions of the entire layer. This should be fixed in the next Pixelmator Pro update. As for selection x/y positions, the Info bar doesn't display them but we'll keep your request in mind for the future.

Same with pasting into selections - that's not possible in Pixelmator Pro right now. It's not a high priority feature for us at the moment, but we'll look into it in the future. For now, I would also suggest using clipping masks for this, such as the workflow Ellen outlined.

2022-09-16 00:10:24

and spam again.