Add alignment tools for 'points' in a shape such as distribute equally, align, and mirror.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-09-12 15:19:21

For vector illustrations I would love to have various utilities of alignment available for selected 'points' on a curve. Some of these types of alignment & distribution tools are already available for layers. See https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... or-pro/984.

For example when selecting multiple 'points' <num_points> on a path or shape.
1. Mirror Left/Right - Mirror half of the selected points in vertical/horizontal direction over the middle point (also mirror the direction lines)
2. Align points in vertical/horizontal direction such as top, bottom, midpoint.
3. Equally distribute 3 or more points in the vertical/horizontal direction

Huge fan of Pixelmator Pro! Thanks team
Shawn

2022-09-12 16:18:38

by ShaTy 1. Mirror Left/Right - Mirror half of the selected points in vertical/horizontal
direction over the middle point (also mirror the direction lines)
2. Align points in vertical/horizontal direction such as top, bottom, midpoint.
3. Equally distribute 3 or more points in the vertical/horizontal direction
#ShaTy
1. I don't Understand mirroring unless it would be copies of selected points, but what would the shape become?
2. I requested alignment of selected points some time ago. (Wish it would happen soon.)
Distribution of selected points along a path could be useful too.
3. I recently requested reduction of points, with good comments and suggestions from you. viewtopic.php?t=20026
Adding distributed points between two points could also be useful.

I love Pixelmator Pro too.

2022-09-12 17:50:32

On mirroring idea, here's an example of what I was thinking for creating a mirror object to lock to symmetry in 1 click: