Saving edited pictures in Photos

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-09-06 12:35:39

Until today I could edit pictures using Pixelmator Pro while in Photos and return to the now edited jpeg in Photos by simply closing Pixelmator. . Suddenly pixelmator pro will no longer automatically save edited photo back to photos as a jpeg but invites me to save it as a pxd file to anywhere else I select.
I want to save the edited picture automatically back to Photos as a JPEG and to be returned to the Photos app to continue working as usual. Why would this have happened?

2022-09-06 12:45:30

by Fraser Robertson Until today I could edit pictures using Pixelmator Pro while in Photos and return to the now edited jpeg in Photos by simply closing Pixelmator. . Suddenly pixelmator pro will no longer automatically save edited photo back to photos as a jpeg but invites me to save it as a pxd file to anywhere else I select.
I want to save the edited picture automatically back to Photos as a JPEG and to be returned to the Photos app to continue working as usual. Why would this have happened?
Hi Fraser - the Pixelmator team have responded in similar threads on the community forum by declaring it's a 'bug' and that they are working on a fix.

2022-09-06 14:33:01

Thanks 'Ben. Lets hope it doesn't take long.

2022-09-06 21:00:33

Update already available.