Highlight and Shadows Clipping Warnings

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-07-26 10:34:27

Hi, I am not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but as a photographer using Pixelmator Pro it would be great to have the following: Highlight and Shadows clipping warning that could be toggled on and off. This way you know how far you can push the whites/blacks or shadows/highlights etc... before they are blown. Thanks! Drew

2022-08-15 13:33:11

I would second this as well. I only use Pixelmator Pro for editing my photos and having the ability to view clipping for blacks and whites would be an incredibly useful feature. Thanks

2022-08-19 12:29:55

This has been requested a few times before but we haven't really made it a priority feature so far. Perhaps this will change at some later point. In the meantime, you can use Histogram to check if there are any clipped shadows or highlights in an image. Just look for spikes on the left (shadows) or the right (highlights) side of the histogram. We're also preparing a tutorial that will explain the process in more detail so I'll do my best to remember to link it here once it's out.

2023-05-21 08:54:43

Yes, most raw processors have clipping warnings in the histogram. Please add to features needed.

2024-02-20 08:08:19

I too consider this an necessary feature. It's important to not only see that something is clipping. I need to be able to where where it is clipping!