"Basic Shapes" missing from shape options

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-08-18 16:34:40

I'm a former Photoshop Elements user trying to make the transition to Pixelmator Pro...I've been trying to find the "arrow" shape options only to realize I don't have any of the "Basic Shapes" in my Toolbar down the right side or in the Tools header at the top. Any suggestions?? Thanks. Image Image

2022-08-18 18:50:00

Not sure why you cropped the screenshot but maybe there´s nothing deposited under "Work". If you use the Tools menu you need to draw on the canvas to make the selected shape appear.

2022-08-18 19:42:56

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure I'm expressing myself clearly...below is a full screenshot (not cropped) of the page. You'll note - at the top of the image you attached there is a "Basic" category. You'll note on the image attached below I have no "Basic" category. Therein lies my problem. I can't access the arrow tool. Image

2022-08-19 07:10:14

Understood. Do you know a trustworthy site where I can upload "Basic.shapes" for you?
(I´d consider a de/install of Pixelmator Pro - if there aren´t too much of custom assets + own configurations.)

2022-08-19 10:27:26

I find the arrow shape under Basic.

Reset the shapes library
Resetting the shape presets to default removes any custom shapes and returns all the default shapes that come with Pixelmator Pro.

1. Select the Shape tool by doing one of the following:
- In the Tools sidebar, select the Shape tool .
- Press U on your keyboard.
3. Click the three dots in the circle next to the Collection pop-up menu.
4. Press and hold the Option ⌥ key, and choose Reset All.

2022-08-19 10:56:22

Just a quick note: Reset Shapes will delete every custom Collections or items added. So if there are any maybe better Export... your custom collections.