No edits found when copying edits, edits happen on top of edited photo bug

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-07-13 06:08:15

I’m on the iOS 16 beta and am noticing that once I modify a photo, the edits no longer show in the editor and any edits now happen right on top of what was edited. In addition I cannot copy edits from one photo to another even though the photo shows that it was edited.

The example images show a picture that I turned the exposure up on in Pixelmator Photo. Notice the controls have been reset and I can’t copy edits.

I basically can’t edit with this app till this is fixed 😅. iPad Pro 11in M1 iOS 16 public beta 1.

2022-07-13 09:25:12

:wave: Hi, same for me...
-> viewtopic.php?t=19935

Seem that ios16 beta can't keep non destructive so, when you click done, all edits disappear..🫥 and can't find color adjustment, the workaround is to copy adjustments before hit "done" !

Have a nice day !

2022-07-15 11:54:40

Hey everyone. We currently do not support beta iOS releases. We'll be looking into these issues in a little while but it'll take some time, especially since they may not even be fixable from our side. So I suggest using a public, non-beta iOS version - at least for the time being.

2022-07-15 15:19:18

by simonasd Hey everyone. We currently do not support beta iOS releases. We'll be looking into these issues in a little while but it'll take some time, especially since they may not even be fixable from our side. So I suggest using a public, non-beta iOS version - at least for the time being.
Totally understand that makes sense. Do you have any idea if I am potentially destroying the photos by editing in the beta version of iOS? Or would I be able to revert back to editing them if I downgrade?

I’m basically wondering if I should absolutely not touch my collection while I’m in beta to prevent some sort of corruption.

2022-07-15 18:45:55

Hi, once you edit your photos, you can revert back without any problem in iOSbeta16.

2022-07-15 21:23:02

by LaurentP Hi, once you edit your photos, you can revert back without any problem in iOSbeta16.
Just noticed that revert still works. Thanks for the tip. What a relief 😅

2022-07-26 04:01:07

How are you reverting? Are you editing photos in the Photos library? I’m doing files in the Files app and it seems to be permanent once you close and save. The app seems to not be able to save the none destructive copy which it’s why I can’t revert it.

I’m a dev so I understand not supporting the beta but it’s something you should be aware of as once it launches, people are gonna be permanently changing photos which will be very bad for people unaware of what’s going on. I only use the app for small changes to game screenshots for fun so I can hold off using until a public release but it seems like it could be a bigger issue for some (wedding photo, etc)

2022-07-26 05:07:34

by acburk How are you reverting? Are you editing photos in the Photos library? I’m doing files in the Files app and it seems to be permanent once you close and save. The app seems to not be able to save the none destructive copy which it’s why I can’t revert it.

I’m a dev so I understand not supporting the beta but it’s something you should be aware of as once it launches, people are gonna be permanently changing photos which will be very bad for people unaware of what’s going on. I only use the app for small changes to game screenshots for fun so I can hold off using until a public release but it seems like it could be a bigger issue for some (wedding photo, etc)
I'm editing photos from the photos library. When I click revert from the grid in Pixelmator Photo I am able to revert to the original. When I am in the edit view I cannot.

Good to know regarding photos in the files app. I'm not quite in the wedding photographer category, at least not yet, but this does really change the workflow.

2022-07-26 05:08:37

Hi.
In the library, long press on the photo to open the pop up menu and select « Back to original ».
Have a nice day.

2022-08-31 17:59:58

Seems that the august update fixes the pb 🥳

2022-08-31 22:14:31

by LaurentP Seems that the august update fixes the pb 🥳
It doesn’t appear to. I just loaded up an image, edited it, went back to the overview, loaded it up again, and the edits disappeared. The only difference is the image is resetting each time now.

Interestingly I'm also noticing that when I open a RAW+JPEG from my Ricoh GRIII it's displaying and editing the JPEG instead of the RAW

2022-09-01 05:24:35

It was the same before the last update. Which version do you have ?

2022-09-01 06:11:39

by LaurentP It was the same before the last update. Which version do you have ?
Whoop you are correct, I wasn't prompted to update for some reason. Yes it works great now! ❤️

2022-09-01 06:23:44

by dantaylr
Whoop you are correct, I wasn't prompted to update for some reason. Yes it works great now! ❤️
👍🥳