Designate Paste Layer location

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-07-09 16:07:47

I often use a small watermark (a transparent PNG) in my images, copying and pasting in Pixelmator Pro. When I paste, the watermark appears on the new layer in the center of my image, requiring me to move it to my desired corner location.

Can we get an option for setting the paste layer default to include all of the corners in addition to the middle of the image?

2022-07-13 21:11:54

Watermarking is a useful concept that everyone uses for professional work. The Pixelmator team might want to consider a specific 'watermark tool'. The tool would support setting a default watermark file, default size options, and a default options for insertion point. This could include the 4 corners you mention, or other options like centered, or at a specific location like at 75% vertical, 25$ horizontal from a corner or midpoint.

Then when processing a lot of images, it could be a simple watermark tool shortcut keyboard or click before saving each one. Just a thought so the watermark could automatically update in all the *.pxd files w/o any work, or an option to maintain original watermark...