[Video Tutorial] How to create a toy brick effect

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2022-03-18 16:15:15

In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to create a toy brick effect, making it look like your image is made of little toy bricks! Click here to download the project files for this tutorial.

2022-03-22 03:23:37

:hand: it looks amazing, but I can not figure the right time using it.

2022-03-22 10:11:00

Glad you liked the tutorial! If you can't find a use for an effect like that right now, you can just add it to your effects collection and save it for your future projects. :raised_hands:

2022-03-22 11:55:12

by bob don 2022-03-22 01:23:37 :hand: it looks amazing, but I can not figure the right time using it.
This effect has a pretty specific aesthetic, so you'd probably use it only in designs where it would fit – i.e. those that have a kind of playful/toy-ish look. But the thing about tutorials is that it's great to try out and learn many different techniques so that, in the future, when you see an effect you like, you can try to "reverse-engineer" how it was created. The more techniques you have under your belt, the easier this becomes.

Also, just like Aurelija noted, you can always just save the preset and have it on hand to try it out whenever. :smiley:

2022-03-23 14:25:08

I once made the brick effect with a normal map for a 3d rendering but this is so much fun and so quick: