Why do I see pixels in font if it is vector?

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-02-14 13:23:11

Hi,
just started using your app, everything was fine but it seems I pressed some keys and now I see pixels in text.
In attached image is new document with text in 48px. How I can switch back to vector? Image

2022-02-15 14:07:42

Hey Ramaz. Pixelmator Pro is a raster-based editor, primarily, so it's built to display images how they would appear when exported to pixel-based, raster formats. This only happens in-app, though. When exported to a vector file format, images containing paths will have their expected vector qualities.

2022-02-26 15:56:55

Also a new user. This was a disappointment. Looks terrible when designing. Your description "drawing vector graphics" is kind of false marketing.

2022-02-28 10:47:08

by Pål Bergström 2022-02-26 13:56:55 Also a new user. This was a disappointment. Looks terrible when designing. Your description "drawing vector graphics" is kind of false marketing.
Pixelmator Pro offers all vector editing capabilities, including vector import and export so I wouldn't necessarily agree on the false advertisement part. But I'm definitely with you on the fact that it's nicer to work with vectors in a fully vector-optimized environment. We are aware of this current Pixelmator Pro limitation and for vector-focused work, recommend increasing the size of your project file for a sharper display of the vector lines and shapes.