What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?
Would love to see Pixelmator Pro getting a High Pass filter similar to the one in Adobe's applications.
More or less. Here are the steps:
1. Duplicate the layer you'd like to filter (Edit > Duplicate).
2. Desaturate it by choosing Insert > Effects > Color Controls (from the Insert menu at the top of your screen). In the Tool Options pane, drag the Saturation slider down to 0%.
3. Duplicate the desaturated layer.
4. Invert the newly duplicated layer by choosing Insert > Effects > Invert (from the Insert menu at the top of your screen).
5. With the same layer selected, choose the Style tool, click the Blending Mode pop-up menu above the opacity slider and choose the Linear Light blending mode. Drag the Opacity slider to 50%. At this point, you should see a solid gray image.
6. Choose Insert > Effects > Gaussian (from the Insert menu at the top of your screen) to apply a Gaussian blur to the upper layer. Dragging the Radius slider will adjust the radius of the high pass filter.
After doing this, you could merge the two desaturated layers, then change the new layer's blending mode to Overlay to sharpen your original image using the high pass filter.