A Mac Version

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2019-06-23 16:35:35

Pixelmator Photo is really powerful tool. I really really hope it will make it's way into Mac version soon, especially now the Project Catalyst is ready!

2019-06-28 08:23:24

Maybe, maybe... :grinning:

2019-07-04 09:21:20

A Mac version would be great. This way it would be possible to get the same results, no matter which device you use. Since the editet images are often saved back to the photos library, a consistent look on every device is what people need.

2019-07-06 16:20:20

It was one of the things that I really liked in Lightroom CC, you could consistent results no matter which device you were using.

2019-10-23 15:07:27

Is Pixelmator (pro) able to open Pixelmator Photo Files?

2019-10-23 15:24:23

Not just yet, but some compatibility is on our roadmap for the future!

2019-11-20 05:02:43

Count me in, as hoping Pixelmator Photo to be available in macOS. I know mac has Pixelmator Pro but for an average user, it is too much.

2019-11-20 11:28:22

by GoLfWRC 2019-11-20 05:02:43 Count me in, as hoping Pixelmator Photo to be available in macOS. I know mac has Pixelmator Pro but for an average user, it is too much.
We hear ya. :ok_hand:

2020-04-26 07:49:07

From what I understand, Pixelmator Photo and Pixelmator Pro are two different things, right? I would like to have Pixelmator Photo on the mac too, please, I just went to the App Store looking for it, ready to buy lol.. so yeah, I want it on the mac too :)

---
I know this goes in a different thread, but what I miss the most from Lr in Pixelmator Photo are these two things:

1. Gradual and the circle filters, and the brush filter. I use those extensively in Lr and I would love to be able to say goodbye to Lr and use Pixelmator Photo on both the mac and the iPad. This would be my number one request, by far!

2. The way you can copy adjustments made to one photo, and paste in the ones you select, the sync of those adjustments. Perhaps that's too much to ask, a complex task, I don't know. Perhaps I would just request improvements to the batch processing in Pixelmator, right now the only way to copy and batch paste adjustments is creating a new preset and batch process using that preset, there could be a better way perhaps? I'm too new to the app and love it, I think it's the best alternative to Lr out there on the iPad. I also have Affinity Photo (mac and iPad), but for RAW developing Pixelmator Photo is much, much better.

I'm so glad there's a community and the developer actively listens and responds, that's awesome.

2020-04-26 15:08:38

Yep, Pixelmator Pro is a layer-based image editor while Pixelmator Photo is a photo editing app.

This won't come as a big surprise but we'd love to create a Mac version, we'd love to add local adjustments and more retouching tools. But both those are long-term plans and will take a little while. However, in one of the next few updates, we plan to make possible to paste adjustments in the Pixelmator Photo browser which, I believe, is something you'd like to see added?

As for the community, we're really grateful for it too and it's great to see it getting more and more active! :raised_hands:

2020-04-26 16:37:13

by Andrius 2020-04-26 20:08:38 However, in one of the next few updates, we plan to make possible to paste adjustments in the Pixelmator Photo browser which, I believe, is something you'd like to see added?
That would be super nice! thanks for answering my requests. I'm already recommending the app to other photographer friends who have an iPad. (just please, never go subscription lol.. that's the reason people want to leave Adobe, I rather pay a higher one time price for every major update).

The mac version IMO can wait. For local adjustments I need to use another app while I wait, I think they're very necessary, but I'm glad to hear it's in the roadmap.

Have a great day!

2020-09-21 09:34:39

But with catalyst you make one app and it can run on both platforms.
by Andrius 2020-04-26 19:08:38 Yep, Pixelmator Pro is a layer-based image editor while Pixelmator Photo is a photo editing app.

This won't come as a big surprise but we'd love to create a Mac version, we'd love to add local adjustments and more retouching tools. But both those are long-term plans and will take a little while. However, in one of the next few updates, we plan to make possible to paste adjustments in the Pixelmator Photo browser which, I believe, is something you'd like to see added?

As for the community, we're really grateful for it too and it's great to see it getting more and more active! :raised_hands:
but

2020-09-21 10:49:00

by Karlon 2020-09-21 06:34:39 But with catalyst you make one app and it can run on both platforms.
Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple... Catalyst does make it easier to run certain apps on Mac, but there are other hurdles. Catalyst together with Apple Silicon will probably make things easier still. But making things Mac-native does still require some extra work. :wink:

2020-09-21 12:00:37

by Andrius 2020-09-21 10:50:53
Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple... Catalyst does make it easier to run certain apps on Mac, but there are other hurdles. Catalyst together with Apple Silicon will probably make things easier still. But making things Mac-native does still require some extra work. :wink:
I do understand the situation as I’m myself is system developer. It will never be as simple as the marketing team told to the public.

Nevertheles I still hope there will be a version for mac, Let us pray may Pixelmator team dreaming (and decided to do) it too 😉

2020-09-21 12:33:04

by Farid 2020-09-21 09:17:39
I do understand the situation as I’m myself is system developer. It will never be as simple as the marketing team told to the public.

Nevertheles I still hope there will be a version for mac, Let us pray may Pixelmator team dreaming (and decided to do) it too 😉
Oh, a Mac version is 100% in our plans!

2020-09-21 14:05:14

by Andrius 2020-09-21 12:33:04
Oh, a Mac version is 100% in our plans!
Great to know it! 😍

2020-11-24 13:55:07

I just received my Mac Mini M1 and was hoping to install Pixelmator Photo to be able to continue editing photo's on my desktop as an interim solution till Pixelmator Pro can open Pixelmator Photo files.
It does not show up in the App Store under iPhone and iPad apps. Any issues running the iPad version on the Apple Silicon Mac's ?

2020-12-01 09:52:21

by Cantisani 2020-04-26 14:37:13

The mac version IMO can wait.
Nooo - I would love it to have a native (or catalyst) version of Pixelmator Photo for Mac. This is such a great tool, and IMHO way better that Pixelmator Pro in terms of photo editing.

And now that the Apple Silicon Macs are available, I can't wait to use this App on these.