Control Surface support via scripting

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-04-10 21:49:34

Does Pixelmator Pro have scripting APIs that could be used for control surface support? Example: the ability to get and set values for exposure, brush size, etc.

If not, is this a feature that is roadmapped? Pro would be positively amazing with a hardware controller.

2020-04-14 16:25:40

We're working on AppleScript support but I'm not entirely sure whether that would help in this case. Would it?

2020-04-14 17:23:36

Likely, yes! It depends heavily on the implementation, but a good start would be the ability to get and set values for common adjustments and variables. For example: exposure, brush size, current layer, etc.

2020-04-15 07:33:28

That's great to hear, I have to admit I personally have very pretty much no experience with control surfaces. But, if it does help, our AppleScript implementation should be very extensive and let you control pretty much the entire app in every way. And once that's ready, we could probably take a closer look at control surfaces specifically.

2020-04-16 23:24:37

Awesome! That sounds like exactly what I’m interested in.

Are you able to share a timeline? And do you have a beta or pre-release program that I could join in order to test the early AppleScript support?

2020-04-20 13:41:16

by Andy Hayes 2020-04-16 23:24:37 Awesome! That sounds like exactly what I’m interested in.

Are you able to share a timeline? And do you have a beta or pre-release program that I could join in order to test the early AppleScript support?
We're currently doing some early private beta testing but it's quite a big project, so timelines are always difficult. I think 'sooner rather than later' is about the best I can do for now. :smile: But we do plan to have a public beta for this feature so feel free to keep an eye out for that on our blog and here in the News & Happenings forum.