Import presets bug and UI improvements

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-10-18 16:35:05

Hello!

I used Pixelmator 1.1 beta and created a lot of presets. I saved it to my cloud before deleting beta and installing release version of 1.1. But now I can't import all of that presets. Import > choose from files > Open.....and nothing happens.
Is it possible to fix?

Also, I have some thoughts about UI of Curve tool. When I use it with finger, it's too hard to see accurate point position. With Pencil it much better but sometimes still not great, because point is big and under pencil.
How about make points 1.5-2x smaller? And maybe make a 3mm vertical shift between point and its tap zone?

P.S. Is it possible to add sampler pick which allows add points on the curves by tapping on different areas on image?
P.P.S. What size of eyedropper picks for black/grey/white? 1x1, 3x3, 5x5 or other?

2019-10-20 18:34:43

by Eugene Lazarenko 2019-10-18 16:35:05 Hello!

I used Pixelmator 1.1 beta and created a lot of presets. I saved it to my cloud before deleting beta and installing release version of 1.1. But now I can't import all of that presets. Import > choose from files > Open.....and nothing happens.
Is it possible to fix?

Also, I have some thoughts about UI of Curve tool. When I use it with finger, it's too hard to see accurate point position. With Pencil it much better but sometimes still not great, because point is big and under pencil.
How about make points 1.5-2x smaller? And maybe make a 3mm vertical shift between point and its tap zone?

P.S. Is it possible to add sampler pick which allows add points on the curves by tapping on different areas on image?
P.P.S. What size of eyedropper picks for black/grey/white? 1x1, 3x3, 5x5 or other?

I made the same suggestion a couple of months back. I prefer the curves tool in affinity photo but for more accurate pin pointing I recommend implementing a magnifier in one of the corners like in retouch app for iPad

2019-10-20 18:40:32

A more precise dot but It would be great if a magnifier would pop up above as shown here (2nd image, top left) while retouching the Mercedes star with my finger

2019-10-22 15:38:13

by Stev Nicholas 2019-10-20 13:40:32
A more precise dot but It would be great if a magnifier would pop up above as shown here (2nd image, top left) while retouching the Mercedes star with my finger
Yeah, Affinity's point's sizes nice, but its curves doesn't have a histograms, black/grey/white samplers and overall batch photo editing experience not so great as Pixelmator Photo.

Also I tried Raw Power and it has interesting case with points in curve tool. It has a "shift" between point and finger tap zone, and vertical-horizontal rulers for active point and it helps edit more accurate.

I wish Pixelmator will has this feature too

2019-10-23 14:40:12

These are some solid suggestions and there are definitely improvements that could be made here!
by Eugene Lazarenko 2019-10-18 16:35:05 Hello!

Is it possible to fix?
Could you, if you haven't done so already, email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? Thanks!