Pixelmator Pro - STILL no way to curve text along a path?!

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-03-07 06:03:54

@republiken I think so, too. After a while it seems reasonable to pay for an upgrade although via the app store its seems not possible only with inapp purchases or a new app hopefully Apple upgrade this thing

2019-03-12 04:13:20

"Andrius
on Feb 04, 2019

It's not something that we're actively working on, so the best case scenario would be the end of this year. But that's just a guess and would happen only if it's one of the first things we start doing after the current round of improvements (Denoise and Clarity adjustments, full Transform command, Photos extension, and some other great features that we feel are more important than typing on a path). Having said that, I do think that after these features are finished, circular text might be worth bringing to Pixelmator Pro..."

Okay, so somewhere along the line you're being disingenuous.

As people have pointed out, this feature has been promised by you since Noah was a boy ...

I can't believe you see no value in warp text, when adding that feature would basically make PP a direct replacement for Photoshop, so what are they paying you to keep it out?

Seriously, it's a no-brainer and the fact that you keep stringing people along is getting sad and points to the fact that you either: lack the ability to implement it, or just don't give a f@#$ about the feature requests of your users.

2019-03-13 06:04:01

@Lachlan

I find this very rude. As a company you need a roadmap and try to keep it but because you, me and lets say 10 other people want it doesn't mean the other features are less important. I agree this would be an awesome feature but it needs to be implemented right. I hate Photoshop of its overwhelming features and awful performance. A company or a small group of people have to think about it how to do it and when. I think he was honest and said clearly that they properly do it. Calm down and use the clunky PS for now...

2019-05-01 11:47:40

Still dreaming about this feature.

2019-05-03 17:09:08

I use Pixelmator Pro every day and have come across the need for text on a path on a number of occasions. I found a wonderfully easy to use free app called Phonto (available on the App Store for iOS). In the attached example, I created the entire file with Pixelmator Pro but used Phonto to create the curved text in the lower right. It's not an ideal solution but I was able to get the job done without too much fuss. Typically, I avoid text on a path until Pixelmator provides it.

2019-05-14 04:15:07

+1

2019-05-25 05:25:22

I, too have been looking for a way to put text on a curve in Pixelmator Pro. Thanks for your suggestion about Phonto.
I've downloaded it to my iPadPro, but haven't figured out how to put text on a curve with it. Any suggestions Jeff?

2019-06-24 21:23:40

If that is really policy NOT to worka on path... congratulations! Shooting yourself is a very bad idea. It cannot be so difficult, so company just does not want to provide better than GIMP tool.

2019-06-25 02:21:45

I'd vote for this as well! Please please!

2019-10-17 11:02:13

We still do not have this feature in Pixelmator pro 1.5??? 😳

2019-10-17 11:52:42

Legend has it that every time someone complains about Pixelmator Pro not having text on a path, we delay its release by another month out of spite...

Just kidding! We aren't at all that cruel and the truth is this is by no means a simple feature to do and do well. And while we do read pretty much every request on almost every major platform and take them into account (and add them to our rather extensive feature request list), we do have to prioritise things and this is where disagreements begin. And even when we do plan to add something eventually, I prefer to say things like "we might look to add this in the future, but we also might not." just because people invariably interpret phrases like "we're planning to add this in the future" as "it'll be in Pixelmator Pro within the next 6 months". But that's usually not what we actually mean.

However! I can reveal that text on a path is now in the early stages of development so those plans have turned into some sort of action. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. While these things do take time, you can join the Pixelmator Pro beta and you'll most likely be able to test this feature eventually.

2019-10-17 19:17:49

by Andrius 2019-10-17 11:52:42 Legend has it that every time someone complains about Pixelmator Pro not having text on a path, we delay its release by another month out of spite...

Just kidding! We aren't at all that cruel and the truth is this is by no means a simple feature to do and do well. And while we do read pretty much every request on almost every major platform and take them into account (and add them to our rather extensive feature request list), we do have to prioritise things and this is where disagreements begin. And even when we do plan to add something eventually, I prefer to say things like "we might look to add this in the future, but we also might not." just because people invariably interpret phrases like "we're planning to add this in the future" as "it'll be in Pixelmator Pro within the next 6 months". But that's usually not what we actually mean.

However! I can reveal that text on a path is now in the early stages of development so those plans have turned into some sort of action. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. While these things do take time, you can join the Pixelmator Pro beta and you'll most likely be able to test this feature eventually.
Thats great to hear :smiley: , really happy to see that coming

2019-11-10 07:25:51

It took YouKnowWho a decade and about seven versions of Photoshop to even have vector type, and a couple more for anything like text on a path.

2020-01-04 20:28:24

It was difficult reading this long thread and still not seeing "text along a path" but, hoping we will see it soon. I had to manually turn text into shapes.
Then manually moving and rotating the individual letters along a designed curve. I anxiously await this upgrade.

2020-01-05 07:34:00

As a new user of Pixelmator. I am really loving it and I too noticed the text on a path feature missing. I would like to add my voice to the choir that this would be a huge value add to the product and appreciate that you are working on it Thanks for all the hard work.

2020-01-06 11:34:50

by mccoytest 2020-01-04 20:28:24 I anxiously await this upgrade.
I don't want to give too much away but development is going well (so far) and this feature is on its way. :raised_hands:

2020-01-07 18:42:59

Nice, Andrius!

2020-02-14 09:25:04

by Andrius 2020-01-06 11:34:50
I don't want to give too much away but development is going well (so far) and this feature is on its way. :raised_hands:
*it's happening .gif*

2020-02-14 09:53:11

by mazerfaka 2020-02-14 06:26:04
*it's happening .gif*
*excitedoprah.gif*

2020-03-31 14:33:05

Just to add my voice to this: I'm also eagerly awaiting this feature! :smiley:

2020-03-31 18:29:04

....😐

2020-03-31 18:59:43

Development is going well and we’re getting closer! Nothing to share just yet but things are definitely coming along nicely. In fact I may or may not have seen a fully working prototype this week. :sunglasses:

2020-04-03 14:36:46

Awesome! Thanks for keeping up in the loop, Andrius! "We're still working on it but don't have a date" is way better than just wondering. :)

2020-04-23 07:37:09

omg still gonna write love you guys in shape of a heart when this comes out <3

2020-04-23 19:57:47

by mazerfaka 2020-04-23 07:37:09 omg still gonna write love you guys in shape of a heart when this comes out &lt;3
i do the same

Maybe you guys should have a closer look πŸ‘€ at this. Regarding curved text.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17692