Pixelmator crashing on iOS 13.

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2019-06-21 17:06:58

Guys pls fix the crashing issue on iOS 13. The app crashes while importing: new photos. :sob:

2019-06-28 08:51:20

Working on it. :wink: In the future — please stay on the stable versions of iOS if you need your apps to work correctly. :kissing_heart:

2019-07-21 13:20:42

Same here, it always crashes when i want to add an text 😭. I know I am on a beta but is this such a big difference for the app to work correctly?

2019-07-22 09:36:04

by Nikolaus Same here, it always crashes when i want to add an text 😭. I know I am on a beta but is this such a big difference for the app to work correctly?
Yes, the beta is the cause of these issues — everything's working fine on iOS 12...

2019-07-26 14:51:14

After the latest iPad os 13 update:
1. I can’t import a photo; I get the error message "Unable to Open Image an error occurred while opening the image.
2. Also, edits to images already in Pixelmator do not save.

2019-08-14 07:28:55

I have just bought a new iPad Pro, (ios13 ) and am finding that I cannot create a new image. Secondly anything I create in the app gets wiped and turns to a white page when I save when it tries to upload to iCloud servers. I have written twice to support and I am getting NO support that addresses this issue.
Images can be created and saved on my old iPad Pro that is not running iOS 13 is working fine.
When trying to open the same files in desktop Pixelmator pro it says the files are corrupted and cannot be opened.
Does anybody know a workaround?
Best Regards, Guy M.

2019-08-14 15:24:30

by Guy M 2019-08-14 07:28:55 I have just bought a new iPad Pro, (ios13 ) and am finding that I cannot create a new image. Secondly anything I create in the app gets wiped and turns to a white page when I save when it tries to upload to iCloud servers. I have written twice to support and I am getting NO support that addresses this issue.
Images can be created and saved on my old iPad Pro that is not running iOS 13 is working fine.
When trying to open the same files in desktop Pixelmator pro it says the files are corrupted and cannot be opened.
Does anybody know a workaround?
Best Regards, Guy M.
You might try uninstalling the Pixelmator app and reinstalling it. That solved my issues with saving changes and creating new images.

2019-08-14 16:18:03

Thanks I tried that, 'fraid it did not work.
I think this is an incompatibility with ios13 problem.
This is what pixelmator said:
"To be honest, it’s really difficult to suggest something that would help here. :/ There could be many reasons why this is happening. Any chance you’ve recently upgraded to macOS Catalina? We’re not quite sure why, but it appears that a lot of users are experiencing similar issues after upgrading to either iOS and macOS beta: https://twitter.com/chockenberry/status ... 00672?s=21."
I will try reversing to ios 12 later today ...
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203282

2019-08-14 16:32:47

I’m on iPad OS 13 beta and it was definitely not compatible before the 8/9 Pixelmator update. Since that update, Pixelmator has been working fine on my iPad Pro, but only after I deleted it and reinstalled it. Hopefully it gets worked out for everybody soon.

2019-08-14 16:42:42

I have just today reinstalled pixelmator on the ipad pro so theoretically I have the latest version of pixelmator. any idea how to check if you have the latest version? was not aware that they had done ios software updates....

2019-08-14 23:28:55

It’s version 2.4.6. You can check by going into settings/pixelmator/version.

2019-08-15 09:03:58

Many thanks - I did not know that!
I spoke with apple last night . I am getting my ipad taken back to ios version 12. It is currently ios 13. Hopefully this will solve the problems. Will update this feed.

2019-08-15 13:03:24

Mpre updates from Pixelmator"We have shipped an update to Pixelmator for iOS fixing some initial iOS 13 issues but, since that version of iOS is still in beta, subsequent releases can break those fixes and introduce new issues. For that reason, until the full, official version of iOS 13 comes out, it’s impossible to say any app officially ‘works’ with iOS 13. That’s simply the nature of beta software and why you get all those warnings about not installing them on your primary devices.

In addition, the bug with missing data isn’t an app bug — it’s an OS-level bug related to package documents we can’t prevent. However, if you’re seeing those files as empty, 0-byte files, most people have been able to restore them by recovering deleted files on iCloud.com. Is that something you’ve had a chance to try?

".