Eraser doesn't remove layer

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2020-09-13 15:16:40

If you would normally use the eraser on one layer, the underlaying layers would become visible. My eraser does not feel like doing so, when I use the eraser my layer turns black instead of transparent. The opacity is at 100%, the correct layer is selected as it does change something (just not what you would expect) and I also tried using some other pencils.

If anyone can help me, be my guest!

2020-09-14 12:06:42

Hey there, I see you've checked the most obvious culprit, so I'm not sure exactly why it isn't working. Could you share a screenshot of the image you're editing so the entire UI is visible? That might give me some more clues to go on!

2020-09-15 06:30:15

by Andrius Hey there, I see you've checked the most obvious culprit, so I'm not sure exactly why it isn't working. Could you share a screenshot of the image you're editing so the entire UI is visible? That might give me some more clues to go on!
Here it is! The top layer is selected and should show the underlying layer when I erase the selected part but as you can see, it just turned black. Image

2020-09-17 11:22:56

I tried looking for a solution again today, I exported both layers separately, opened them in pixelmator pro and joined them together and suddenly my eraser worked again. I didn't change anything in my settings and when I tried out my eraser in the project I used earlier on, it still didn't work there. I don't know what is/was wrong but I got what I needed... Image If anyone would have been wondering, I wanted these rays added in...

2020-09-21 10:53:56

Noice! Glad to hear everything's working again, that was definitely an odd issue. If it happens again, it would be great if you could try and pin down some reproducible steps for us to try out. But hopefully it was a one-off!

Also, the rays are a nice touch. :ok_hand: