What can pixelmator do

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2019-03-14 09:07:52

Ok I am using an Photoshop CS and I am wondering what things Pixelmator can do. I can't find this information easy.

Can i import my Photoshop Swatches?
Does it have a smudge tool that works like the one in photoshop?
can it distort using a mesh?
Is the pencil tool the same as it in in photoshop?
Is it worth me getting to make comic pages?
Thanks,

2019-03-31 20:27:12

This is the general forum, so you may want to post this question on either the Pixelmator, Pixelmator Pro, or Pixelmator iOS forums, depending on which application you’re referring to. If you’re referring to the iOS (which is the one I own) then this would be your answer:

No.
Not really.
I wish, but no.
Pretty much.
Potentially.

2019-04-04 09:21:19

They seem to have a free 30 day demo on their site, so you should definately try it out. I'm not a mac user anymore, so I can't say anything profound about the software except that it's probably got only a fraction of capabilities the PS has. I remember that a friend of mine used it because he didn't have money to buy PS, but he only did pretty light touch-ups on photographs.
https://itrate.co/

2019-04-17 08:44:02

by -QUINN- 2019-03-31 17:27:12 This is the general forum, so you may want to post this question on either the Pixelmator, Pixelmator Pro, or Pixelmator iOS forums, depending on which application you’re referring to. If you’re referring to the iOS (which is the one I own) then this would be your answer:

No.
Not really.
I wish, but no.
Pretty much.
Potentially.
And what about Pixelmator Pro?

2019-04-17 12:03:47

by mrobak 2019-04-17 08:44:02 And what about Pixelmator Pro?
To be honest, that particular list quite unfortunately contains almost exclusively things that neither Pixelmator app has or supports. Although Pixelmator Pro isn't compatible with Photoshop Swatches, you can create your own swatches in the Apple Colors window and they work in every app in macOS, which is more of a benefit, than a drawback. The Smudge tool is available in both apps and, if you simply need to smudge some areas, it works great. If you have particular workflows that require very specific and exact smudging styles that you're used to, you may not be able to recreate them in Pixelmator Pro. But you also might. In any case, we have a completely free 30-day trial for our apps, so you can head on down to our Free Trial page and grab a copy to check it out for yourself:

https://www.pixelmator.com/pro/free-trial/

2019-05-10 10:12:26

They seem to have a free 30 day demo on their site, so you should definately try it out. I'm not a mac user anymore, so I can't say anything profound about the software except that it's probably got only a fraction of capabilities the PS has. I remember that a friend of mine used it because he didn't have money to buy PS, but he only did pretty light touch-ups on photographs.

2019-06-10 13:29:05

Thanks for sharing this guys! I guess you created really good app with a lot of useful capabilies. After demo I will definitely buy it for my company's website
https://mobilunity.com/

2019-11-10 08:11:36

Another program needn’t do it all. The ol’ 80/20 rule applies. For 80% of what users do, they’ll use 20% of the product, so the saying goes. So, if Pro can do that specific 20% people need and do it well, then you got what you need.

2019-11-10 21:05:49

Wow. These spam posts are getting more sophisticated.

2019-11-11 08:50:22

by st3f 2019-11-10 21:05:49 Wow. These spam posts are getting more sophisticated.
It almost seems like they're spamming manually.

(Just so we don't look crazy, there was a spam post above Stef's that I removed and that's what we're discussing).

2019-11-11 09:44:13

It almost seems like they're spamming manually.
They might well be. If labour's cheap enough... "Spamming with that personal touch.™"

2020-01-08 19:35:11

by Berawil 2019-03-14 09:07:52 Ok I am using an Photoshop CS and I am wondering what things Pixelmator can do. I can't find this information easy.

Can i import my Photoshop Swatches?
Does it have a smudge tool that works like the one in photoshop?
can it distort using a mesh?
Is the pencil tool the same as it in in photoshop?
Is it worth me getting to make comic pages?
Thanks,
nothing let me repeat, nothing

2020-01-09 10:05:42

by kal nothing let me repeat, nothing
Are you having trouble with our apps? I can't see any questions from you on the forum, so have you reached out to us at support@pixelmator.com by any chance? We'll do our best to help!

2024-01-03 09:01:18

Thanks for sharing!