How to get Pixelmator Pro back on my iMac...

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2018-12-02 00:27:24

i bought Pixelmator Pro in August and the iTunes store cancelled my subscription about 1 or 2 months later. i don't know why. i received a partial refund from Pixelmator Pro Team. it cost about $85 at the time. i think i got about $40 returned, but i am not sure about that. i want to purchase the app through iTunes App Store , but they keep ignoring me. my credit is excellent. i don't know why apple would do this but i think it has got something to do with my leaving Adobe Creative Cloud after many years of using it - just too expensive. especially the storage is mandatory yet unneeded. Apple and Adobe help each other out. this may be the case here. does anyone have any ideas as to how i can re-obtain Pixelmator Pro and the current download. i love art and graphics and creating is my reason for living. i am shocked & saddened at what has transpired. any suggestions.

thank you for your help in advance.

ali black

2018-12-03 11:28:25

Hey Ali, that sounds like a very strange issue — for one, Pixelmator Pro is not a subscription app and I'm not sure it's possible for the App Store to give you a partial refund (though we don't handle refunds ourselves, so I can't be certain of that). However, I believe you did get refunded once you do get a refund, the App Store doesn't let you repurchase apps. So, my understanding of the situations is: you may have thought Pixelmator Pro was a subscription, wrote to Apple Support to 'cancel' it, they simply refunded you and now you can't get the latest version. If that's the case, could you email us at support@pixelmator.com? We'll see if there's anything else we can do.

2018-12-03 13:40:24

hello Andrius;

thank you for your reply. i found a bank statement that shows a $95 debit for iTunes and later a $95 deposit by iTunes. it doesn't say what this was for. both are in September of this year. i read that the app Pixelmator Pro cost $59.00 Canadian funds, this is in iTunes App Store. how do i buy this app and the download? thank you Andrius for you reply it is greatly appreciated. what to do now? somewhat confused. i never returned the app. i wanted it and still want it. it is for my iMac and not my iPad Pro 10.5" 2017. it is in place of adobe CC.

thank you

ali black
alisonblack54@hotmail.com

2018-12-05 11:27:45

Could you email us at support@pixelmator.com about this? We'll take it from there. :wink:

2018-12-11 16:23:31

support@pixelmator.com
hello pixelmator pro staff.
i have asked, no tried to ask apple, about what has transpired with my Pixelmator Pro App and they are ignoring me, what they do when they do something foolish. from my perspective it can only be the apple app store that did this. it has ruined my work schedule as i get so little done nowadays. please see what you can do.

thank you for your attention to this request.

ali black
alisonblack54@hotmail.com

2018-12-13 09:08:00

I'm not sure if you tried emailing us, but we've sent you an email to that address, so it would be great if you could reply to us via email (rather than responding here on the forum).