Collage

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator?

2018-04-30 17:13:33

Does anyone know how to make a collage with Pixelmator? Doing a project where i would like to have 12 photos on a page. Thx

2018-04-30 17:49:51

Hi there.

That's such an open question that I find it hard to answer. Let me put down a few points to get you started.

1) Create a new image the size you are going to need. If, say, you are going to print it at 8 × 10 inches, create an image 8 × 300 = 2400 by 10 × 300 = 3000 pixels and set the resolution to 300 pixels/inch. If say it's going on the web at 1000 × 1000 pixels then set that as the size and set the pixels per inch to 72. (edit: the web version may need to double in size to cater for retina displays.)

2) With both the new blank image and a finder window on screen, highlight all 12 files and drag them onto the canvas of the blank image.

3) Move, resize and rotate (tip: with the move tool selected hold ⌘ to rotate) the images to taste. Add any decorations, titles and captions.

4) Play. It's the best way to explore the user interface of an app, particular a creative one.

Hope this helps. :smile:

- Stef.