Translations into Czech language

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator?

2018-04-02 12:11:03

Hello,

I really like Pixelmator app and I would like to offer that I can help with translations into Czech language.

2018-04-03 09:27:48

We're not looking to create any new Pixelmator localizations and we usually work with one set of localizers (it makes the whole process much simpler), but I really do appreciate the offer and sentiment! 🙏

2018-05-26 14:47:55

by Josef Polách 2018-04-02 12:11:03 Hello,

I really like Pixelmator app and I would like to offer that I can help with translations into Czech language.
Dobrý den, Josef-- Můžete mi pomoci s překladem něčeho jiného? (Jsem američan. pb@inrees.com)

2019-02-18 14:51:09

This could be a plug-in feature, why not allow for users to supply translations for download?

2019-02-22 09:22:31

The reasons are related mostly to quality control, really — text elements in the appx often change and ensuring everything is always translated on time and with an acceptable level of quality would be tricky with a crowdsourced/volunteer effort, so we generally stick with professional services, though it doesn't really make economic sense for us to have a very wide range of localizations. Though I know how the feeling, I'd love it if Apple's operating systems were available in Lithuanian, for example, so I could get my gran an iPad. Alas...

2019-02-22 14:37:48

Photoshop allows for third party extensions, does Pixelmator, and if so is there a quality control process?

2019-02-22 16:08:19

Ah, if we were to use an external plug-in method for which we weren't responsible, that would be a little different, sure. I was under the impression that this would be something that we'd include ourselves. At this time though, when it comes to external plug-ins, Pixelmator supports Quartz Composer compositions, which appear as effects in the effect browser and basically let you create more visual effects. It would not be possible to add a translation in this way. As for making it possible to support extensions and plug-ins, Pixelmator wasn't created with this idea in mind and adding support for it would require some serious engine changes. I personally quite like the idea but it's not quite as simple as flipping a switch and would actually require extensive development.

2019-02-22 19:13:27

I read that your code base was around twelve years old and that the "Pro" version was a re-write which would allow you to build for the future with the knowledge you'd learnt up to this point.

Plug-ins can be monetised and this could be a great future to position yourself in. Apple gave developers $120bn in just over a decade, of which they took 30% for themselves. If you cast your mind back to IE, when it had 98% browser market share, the one thing that broke Microsoft's monopoly was FireFox's ability to allow new features via plug-ins and the reason people flocked to it.

Apple's Quartz filters have been around for ages, they're basically royalty free now. I remember being at a trade show and one developer for PS had a filter that would highlight between strands of hair and it cost ~$200 (which they were confident professionals would pay), I was astonished, but if I look at Apple's App store I see plenty going for 70p, in fact I will for myself soon what people will pay.

I think that the "Pro" codebase should consider plug-ins (along with the security needed for this) and the benefits that come from allowing the community to expand your software.

2022-08-05 09:44:10

by Josef Polách Hello,

I am sure that in 2022 there will be no problems with translating text into different languages. There are various translators that allow you to translate online, or at least plugins that are additionally installed for applications.
And all of this can be found for free. In general, translation technologies have stepped far ahead. Even video translation (https://vidby.com/) can already be done without long waits.