Polygonal Lasso Tool and White Outline/Halo

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2020-03-16 14:50:12

I've been using Pixelmator for years, but recently this has started happening:

Use the polygonal lasso tool to make a selection then copy.
Paste the section into new document.
A very faint white outline/halo shows up around the section.

I haven't changed anything about my workflow. Is there a fix for this? I hate having to go back and erase this line.

Thank you!

Pixelmator 3.8.6
Mac Pro 10.14.6

2020-03-16 16:15:04

Nothing should've changed, to be honest, but I can see your version of Pixelmator is one update behind — the latest version is 3.9. Could you update to that via the Mac App Store and let me know if you're still having this issue? In theory, this probably shouldn't have an effect but it would be good to make sure you're on the latest version of the app.

2020-03-16 17:06:53

Thanks so much for the quick response. I upgraded to 3.9 per your suggestion and did another test. I can still see the halo of the selection at 33% zoom and below but not above that. I exported as a PNG and can't find any problems. That was not the case before. The halo was visible in the exported PNG.

Not gone completely, but definitely helpful!

I've attempted to upload to screen shots to show what is seen at 33% zoom and 50% zoom.

Please let me know if there's anything on this end I could do to fix this since I often need to work at smaller zoom percentages. Thanks again.

2020-03-17 12:44:29

Thanks for following up with this! Could you share that sample file with us? It would be great if you could email it to support@pixelmator.com.

Thanks in advance!

2020-03-17 12:56:04

Just emailed it.

2020-03-18 11:56:56

Thanks, we've logged the issue now — we'll look into it!