Questions....

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2019-12-17 10:52:35

I'm trying to make a greeting card template. I think I've finally figured out how to get my image placed in a template of sorts that I have "MacGyver'd" BUT, I cannot figure out how to turn the whole thing to a "landscape" orientation.....when I click on "rotate".....nothing happens. I need for the entire work area to turn to horizontal in order to do what I want to do. Also, when I drag my image over into the work area, I cannot get it to fill the size of the space......it just stays real little. Can anyone please help me figure this out? Thank you.

2019-12-17 12:01:34

Hi Teresa, to rotate the entire image and its contents, you can choose Image > Rotate Canvas > 90º Right, for example. Or one of the other options of course. Just in case you're using Pixelmator Pro rather than the original Pixelmator, that would be Image > Rotate Image — in both cases, by Image, I mean the image menu at the top of your screen.

Hope that helps!

2019-12-17 12:02:28

Oh, as for the small image problem, you can choose the Move tool (V key) and then drag the white handles to resize a layer. Though if the inserted image is very small, that suggests that maybe the image you've created is very big. Could you tell me its dimensions and resolution?

2019-12-19 10:57:24

Thank you for your tips Andrius....and I apologize for the delay....too much overtime lately and no time to work on this. I finally sat down with it last night and after struggling a couple hours I got it to at least look like a card ON THE SCREEN. Not the way I wanted it and I couldn't figure out how to get the words Merry Christmas to be in red color but at least the cat was sort of in the right position. When I printed it out, however, it did not print in the landscape orientation that I had managed to get it in on the screen. So, then it was a mess and nothing looked like it was supposed to. I went back in this morning and looked to see if the printer settings were the issue. It appears they are "locked" or something.....they will not change to landscape for some reason. I don't know how to tell you what the size of that image is. Someone needs to make a video tutorial showing step by step how to use the original Pixelmator in order to make a card template and then a card with an image on it. This program otherwise is very hard to figure out without instructions on how to do something as seemingly simple as that!! Not simple!! I'm so frustrated and disappointed that I will not have a card from my painting after all the hours I've spent trying to figure out how to work with this.