Using a template from creative marketing

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2019-08-03 19:07:46

Hi.
I have both versions of pixelmator

I bought a template from creative marketing that consists of many layers. (prob for photoshop)
It consists of apple products. The one I want to use is a generic iPhone.

All good except that I want the black version and only seem to ber able to get the white framed one up!

Can anyone help me! ?
Thanks

2019-08-04 18:58:14

Hi Figory.
I'm not familiar with the template. Can you post a screenshot that shows the problem?
- Stef.

2019-08-04 19:53:16

Hi

Could I send you the file so you could look?

Its a large zip file

2019-08-05 16:27:33

I'm sorry I'm not comfortable with that. Not right up front anyhow.

If you're happy to take screen grabs and explain the problem, the offer of help is still there.

- Stef.

2019-08-05 16:31:22

[img]//pixelmator-support.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads-new/cuf_1565022651_Layers.png[/img]

I understand

Does this work?

2019-08-06 20:29:48

The image isn't showing. Let me cut and paste the url into a new reply and see if it works:
(edit): OK. So now I can see the image that you pasted. It looks like a view of some of the layers involed in the image. Can you show the image itself and describe how you would like it to be different?
(Tip: to take a screenshot of a window, use Shift-Cmd-4 then tap the space bar - you can then click on a window and save a screenshot to your desktop)
- Stef.

2023-08-03 08:45:28

With the iPhone frame layer selected, you can try adjusting the color using the Hue/Saturation adjustment. This adjustment allows you to shift the colors of the selected layer.

a. Go to the "Format" menu at the top.
b. Choose "Add Effects" > "Hue/Saturation".
c. In the Hue/Saturation adjustment panel, play with the sliders to adjust the color of the iPhone frame. You might need to adjust the Hue and Lightness settings to achieve the black color you want.

Another method you can try is using the "Color Overlay" effect.

a. Select the iPhone frame layer.
b. Go to the "Format" menu.
c. Choose "Add Effects" > "Style" > "Color Overlay".
d. In the Color Overlay settings, select black as the color.

2023-12-11 21:34:33

Oh, I had a similar issue with Pixelmator when I was trying to create a banner for my blog. Needed to change the color of an element, and it was a bit of a puzzle. For your iPhone frame issue, have you tried selecting the layer with the iPhone and adjusting its color? There's usually an option to tweak hues or apply color overlays in Pixelmator. It might take a bit of fiddling to get the exact shade of black you're looking for.

Also, sometimes templates have hidden layers. Double-check to see if there's an already-existing black iPhone version tucked away in there. It's easy to miss these if they're not immediately visible.

And just a side note, when I'm stuck for design ideas, I often find myself on https://poweradspy.com/. It's a handy resource to see what's trending in ad designs.