pixel brush lock

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2018-04-06 04:59:27

i feel like this is a really simple answer i am overlooking, but in the iOS version of pixelmator, when i use the pixel brush, and set the size to say 8, it locks it to a grid of 8pixels by 8 pixels so that all drawn pixels are locked to every 8 pixels in teh image, and thus all 8pixelX8pixel brush stroeks align.

however in the OSX version, i cannot seem to figure out how to snap the pixel brush to a grid dependant on brush size

2018-04-06 08:29:08

Hi Dominik,

That's a feature we added to Pixelmator for iOS and it isn't currently available on the Mac version of the app. For that reason, the only workaround would be to paint each pixel individually and align them manually. I'm not sure if we'll be bringing this to the original Pixelmator, but it's already on our feature request list so I'll add your vote for it. ;)

2018-04-06 08:32:24

by Andrius 2018-04-06 00:00:00 Hi Dominik,

That's a feature we added to Pixelmator for iOS and it isn't currently available on the Mac version of the app. For that reason, the only workaround would be to paint each pixel individually and align them manually. I'm not sure if we'll be bringing this to the original Pixelmator, but it's already on our feature request list so I'll add your vote for it. ;)
oh, man, i pretty please with a cherry on top hope so. the disparity in features necessitating exporting images back and forth between my mac and ipad is silly.
but i really do appreciate your reply, at least i won't go crazy trying to find an unavailable feature.

2018-08-14 04:38:48

by Andrius 2018-04-06 08:29:08 Hi Dominik,

Where can I add my vote to this? I just recently made an entire "8-bit" art project, only to find that vectoring and keeping color is impossible. Seems that only shapes can be vectored. I went back to start from scratch on a larger canvas, went from working in one pixel strokes on a 100 pixel canvas, to 30 pixel strokes on 3000 pixel canvas. Only to find my 30 pixel brush wont snap to the grid with each stroke (click). Its strange to me that the one pixel brush will snap to a one pixel grid, but a 30 pixel brush will not snap to a 30 pixel grid... I love this app, and really hope there is a way to make this work. Now or in the VERY near future!