Odd ghost image that I cannot delete...?

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2018-02-09 13:02:28

Using Pixelmator v3.7 to create some fairly complex drawings. When I had a quick look at my work before shutting down, I found a strange ghost image - pulsing on the screen, as though I had selected something but not confirmed a movement?? I cannot select it; indeed I have tried unchecking every layer in the entire file, leaving the usual checkered background... but still this ghost image. I'd show you a screenshot, but not sure how to.

The original problem was on a MacBook Air running High Sierra. I have tried opening the file on a Mac Pro (old) running El Cap, and get exactly the same. When I export the drawing to pdf, there is no sign of the image. IN both cases Pixelmator v3.7

It's driving me nuts; any ideas about how to fix this?

2018-02-09 18:32:23

Hi! Indeed we would like to see a screenshot of this. How to make a screenshot is described here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

To upload your screenshot you can click on the image link at the top of the post reply textbox.

If you cannot upload your screenshot this way please send a mail to support@pixelmator.com

2018-02-12 11:06:04

Not sure whether that has worked - if not, let me know & I will email!

2018-02-12 11:07:46

You can see that all layers are unticked, but the dotted "ghost" outline persists.

I have now got round the problem by winding back to an earlier version on Time Machine and taking it from there. I never did manage to fix the version shown here, though.

2018-02-12 11:08:15

That simply looks like an active selection — could you try choosing Edit > Deselect All (or pressing the Command-D keyboard shortcut) to see if that will help?

2018-02-12 11:52:25

Tried that long ago.

The more I think about it, the more I think that my Macbook got its knickers in a twist rather than Pixelmator; it's a 4-year-old MacBook Air, and this drawing has a lot of shapes in it, which is making the computer work REALLY hard. I have merged a lot of the shapes since then (where I can safely do so) and things seem a lot smoother.