Masking / Local Adjustments

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2022-01-03 00:54:13

I do all my editing iPad, and I love the design and speed of Pixelmator Photo. Compared to competitors, it was much more intuitive for me to learn how to edit photos. However, as I develop my skills, there are a few features that I hope the app adds in the not too distant future. Specifically, masking / localized adjustment tools would allow me to push my skills and get more from the app, rather than having to learn a new app or edit photos across platforms. Fingers crossed that this is a priority for the iPad this year!

2022-01-03 13:45:33

Thanks, Jared. Glad to hear you're enjoying Pixelmator Photo! :raised_hands: I wouldn't necessarily want to promise local adjustments for this year but as it's been mentioned in the forums before, the feature has been in our plans for a while and will make it to Pixelmator Photo eventually. Hope it won't be too far down the line. :)

2022-01-06 11:58:46

For what it’s worth I second the wish for local adjustments. Would make Pixelmator Photo PERFECT

2022-01-12 14:55:32

by Frank Lehnen 2022-01-06 09:58:46 For what it’s worth I second the wish for local adjustments. Would make Pixelmator Photo PERFECT
Thanks for the vote!

2022-01-13 10:31:33

I’m third for this wish, but really, I think, I’m 3333rd :smile:

2022-01-20 00:52:53

Having Pro on Mac and Photo on iPad Pro, I'm also enjoying editing more on the iPad. However, masking is sorely needed. You've already got a brush for Repair so you've got a ball rolling!

My real world example is discluding (ok I guess that's not a word 🥴) a subject from the color corrections. I imagine how much of a wormhole the kinds of options that should be considered with masking is Brush Feather, Overall Mask Intensity. Ideally independent intensities for the correction groups would be nice.

In this instance I'd like to keep some selective color options and not others so at that point it makes sense to use 2 layers. I mean hey why not take it from Lightroom though fr
🙏🏽

EDIT: I'm thinking now that I've been working on this situation that since I need to use extra layers anyway that what's already available is likely the most appropriate way to handle it.

2022-02-16 02:15:39

I'd love masking, just the ability to mask off a certain area and make adjustments to everything in the mask (or outside) of the mask. Lightroom mobile has this already.