Select Favorites

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2021-08-08 22:04:17

When an album is open, it would be nice if there was a “Select Favorites” option (to select only “favorite” photos in the album) next to “Select All.” In my workflow, I favorite the photos I wish to share. Making it easy to select all of them for sharing would be really nice.

2021-08-24 09:12:50

Hey Michael. That's an interesting idea! There's a separate album for Favorites in Pixelmator Photo but if you have quite a few photos from different albums there, you'd still need to sort through them. In such a case, your proposed method would surely come in handy. We'll think about it!

2021-09-05 22:01:30

Can I just jump in on this too. I import my pics into a album in photos, then I can browse them and mark favourites (I'd really love 1-5 stars but what can you do?). In photos I can then put on a filter allowing me to only see favourites for that album, and really, I want that filter function when viewing albums in pixelmator too.

I know you have a separate album for favourites but that shows all of them. I want to limit it to just the favourites in this album. This would allow me to quickly get to the pics I want to edit. Then I want to export just the favourites to a new album and delete the raws and recover some space.

2021-09-07 13:48:46

by David Haworth 2021-09-05 19:01:30 Can I just jump in on this too. I import my pics into a album in photos, then I can browse them and mark favourites (I'd really love 1-5 stars but what can you do?). In photos I can then put on a filter allowing me to only see favourites for that album, and really, I want that filter function when viewing albums in pixelmator too.

I know you have a separate album for favourites but that shows all of them. I want to limit it to just the favourites in this album. This would allow me to quickly get to the pics I want to edit. Then I want to export just the favourites to a new album and delete the raws and recover some space.
Yup, that makes perfect sense. I like how Photos let you filter images, too. In Pixelmator Photo specifically, I think we could filter out not only the favorites but also the already edited photos, RAW images, or images based on their file format. I've pinged the team about this idea. ;)

2021-10-29 11:24:55

by Aurelija 2021-09-07 12:48:46
Yup, that makes perfect sense. I like how Photos let you filter images, too. In Pixelmator Photo specifically, I think we could filter out not only the favorites but also the already edited photos, RAW images, or images based on their file format. I've pinged the team about this idea. ;)
I was wondering if there was any update here? is this a good idea? are you planning on implementing it?

2021-10-29 15:58:09

by David Haworth 2021-10-29 08:24:55
I was wondering if there was any update here? is this a good idea? are you planning on implementing it?
When I forwarded this request to the team, they did seem to like it! It's really a matter of whether we can find a way to add this feature in a way that really works for Pixelmator Photo and looks at home on iPad.

2021-12-19 16:01:49

by Aurelija 2021-10-29 14:58:09
When I forwarded this request to the team, they did seem to like it! It's really a matter of whether we can find a way to add this feature in a way that really works for Pixelmator Photo and looks at home on iPad.
I notice a nice new version of Pixelmator. Did this feature make the cut?

2021-12-20 11:01:23

by David Haworth
I notice a nice new version of Pixelmator. Did this feature make the cut?
It didn't this time but we should get there, eventually. :fingers_crossed: