Tagging, Rating or Flagging Photos

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2021-03-22 11:27:17

hi, while I try to shift my photo editing to Pixelmator Photo, two issues make it difficult t fully commit:
- having a filmstrip of the pictures in the folder
- and primarily a way to flag / star / rate pictures while in Folder so that you know which ones you want to edit / apply edits via workflow

best,
d

2021-03-23 08:22:48

Hey Dan! Thanks for the feedback. Both are fair suggestions though the first is more likely to happen than the second. The filmstrip is actually already a point on our v2.0 roadmap! As for flagging and rating images — it's not something you can easily implement in the Photos browser but we're always on the lookout for potential ways to do this. We do have a few ideas in mind, but can’t promise too much for now. Either way, I hope we can make you happy with at least one of the features. :fingers_crossed:

2021-03-23 08:45:46

thanks for the update. looking forward to 2.0

2021-09-20 00:39:18

RAW Power was able to implement a sort of rating system by creating folders for star ratings 1-5. A bit of a hanky way to do it, it’s really just creating an album with each rating.

I honestly don’t enjoy editing with that app nearly as much as Pixelmator Photo, but that’s one of the features (in addition to ProRAW tone mapping) that I wish Pixelmator Photo would implement.

2021-09-23 14:41:21

by Fish 2021-09-19 21:39:18 RAW Power was able to implement a sort of rating system by creating folders for star ratings 1-5. A bit of a hanky way to do it, it’s really just creating an album with each rating.
This was one of the options we've considered but we're not particularly fond of it, to be honest. :grimacing: Some things could potentially be achieved using IPTC tags but we'll have to do more research on this.

2023-08-28 05:45:13

I'll just add a 'me too' here.

My path to Photomator is via Aperture and Capture One and it kills me not to be able to simply rate photos for quick culling. As with Apple Photos, this entirely stops me considering Photomator (or Pixelmator Pro) as serious alternatives. If you shoot a lot of images it just doesn't cut it.

I would far prefer this basic feature over things like AI etc.

2023-09-02 19:20:48

I 100% agree with Krk

2023-09-18 19:01:46

I'm also missing the culling feature. If a rating would be to complex or not possible to find an elegant solution for implementation, I would be totally happy with the solution of "flagging" and "rejecting", where flags are marked as favorites (little heart symbol in the iOS photos app) and rejected photos will be greyed out and can be deleted all at once.

2023-09-19 12:04:27

its on the roadmap already "Image sorting & rating"
https://www.pixelmator.com/photomator/roadmap/

2023-10-11 18:14:02

I know this is on the roadmap, but any idea when we're going to get it? I'd really like to not renew my Adobe subscription again this year.

2023-12-21 03:22:21

by Elliot Mah I know this is on the roadmap, but any idea when we're going to get it? I'd really like to not renew my Adobe subscription again this year.
same here, I am ready to make the move but this is really important when culling 300-500 images

2024-01-03 23:05:07

Ditto. The Photos app is PAINFUL to sort a bunch of RAW shots with. I often shoot a bunch of images of the same scene and choose just one. With Lightroom, it's easy to pick and reject photos. With Photos, it's very, very painful.

2024-02-17 18:54:36

I agree. Until something like this is implemented, I can't make the switch from Lightroom. And I'd really like to do that.