Denoise adjustment

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2020-12-01 07:20:57

It could be nice if we got a denoise function and even better ML denoise

2021-01-12 13:39:01

Hey Elliot! Apologies for the late reply. Just wanted to confirm that ML Denoise is on the roadmap. :raised_hands:

2021-12-29 10:19:30

Just to add to this request. ML Denoise has now been introduced, however it doesn't appear that any adjustment is possible (hence adding to this post).

Will it be possible in the future to adjust how much denoise is applied, perhaps a slider to scale it back a bit if required?

Also, I know there are other posts requesting local adjustments, but I'd like to mention that again here as I think it is particularly important for the Denoise feature. Perhaps if Denoise could be applied in a similar way to the Repair tool where you can mask an area of an image with the apple pencil which is then considered by the algorithm for denoising? I would love that ability.

The current example I just tried to denoise with ML Denoise contains a wall area and a carpet - it is specifically the wall I want to denoise, and ML Denoise does a fantastic job of it, but unfortunately it ruins the appearance of the carpet turning it into an obviously blurred mess.

The app is so close to being my go to editor, but is missing a couple of fundamentals currently for me. Love it though, keep up the great work.

2022-01-03 14:53:59

Thanks for the feedback, Portgordon. As far as I know, the team will be tweaking the ML Denoise algorithm itself but I can't say much about the additional intensity or local adjustments. We'll have to see what we can do here! In the meantime, if you have images you could share with us where you think ML Denoise could do better — we'd love to use them in our testing. You can send them to us at support@pixelmator.com. Thanks again!