Browsing and batch renaming

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2020-04-21 13:34:12

Hello,

I like Pixelmator because it works with pictures directly from the hard drive instead of importing them neither necessarily using « photos » app.
3 requests below are intended to have only one app for photos editing:

- Could you improve the browser by adding the possibility to switch from one picture to the next by swipping left or right ? (Like its possible in files app)
- Could you also add buttons to delete or keep the displayed picture while browsing ?

These 2 features can greatly decrease the presentation/selection time after a shooting.

- Batch editing is a very good improvement but the batch renaming functionality can be also awesome to distinguish you; shortcut can do it by looking for example at the date when image was taken (media/image/details).

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8dfee31325764aa6bc751a4d6cac64b5

Thank you for the job done so far and keep up the good work ;)

Kind regards,
Vincent

2020-04-26 15:04:03

Hi Vincent, thanks so much for taking the time to share those requests — I've passed them on to the team!

2020-04-27 17:10:39

Hi Andrius,

Thank you very much! :grinning:

2020-04-28 08:58:58

Hi once again, I now have a few more details about this:

– Showing previews in the Files app isn't currently possible due to technical limitations. Apps don't have permission to access a file until it's tapped, so previewing a single file is possible but swiping through isn't.

– Batch renaming is on our roadmap already, so that should be added in the future!

2020-04-30 08:29:08

Hello,

I was speaking of the « Files » app (where swipping is possible), not about the files browser included in pixelmator photo.
I will load the pictures in « Photos » and then use display photos in Pixelmator to get the job done.

If we can get the batch renaming function it’s already very good :smiley:

Thank you for the feedback !

Vincent

2020-04-30 12:17:22

by Vince0169 2020-04-30 08:29:08 Hello,

I was speaking of the « Files » app (where swipping is possible), not about the files browser included in pixelmator photo.
I will load the pictures in « Photos » and then use display photos in Pixelmator to get the job done.
True, true, I should've said the Files browser in Pixelmator Photo rather than the Files app, my apologies. :pray:
by Vince0169 2020-04-30 08:29:08 If we can get the batch renaming function it’s already very good :smiley:

Thank you for the feedback !

Vincent
:raised_hands: