(Feature Request) Selective Adjustments, Interface customization, and more tools...

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2019-07-29 15:05:14

Hi! I bought my iPad Pro 2018 recently so I can use it as an extension of my job. Currently I’ve been using it for creative stuff, specially photography. I found about this app and I have to say this is one of the best photography apps out there! It has many impressive tools and features, but still, I’m thinking it’s missing some others. Here is a list of tools and features that I would like to see implemented in this amazing App:
1. Selective Adjustments: just like Lightroom and Snapseed, it would be nice to apply some adjustments to just specific parts of a image and not to the whole image as it is now.
2. Removal of Chromatic Aberration.
3. Dehazing Tool (as Lightroom)
4. Control over Whites and Blacks.
5. Noise Reduction adjustment tool.
6. Exporting: It would be nice if we could export the image in its original format, for example, exporting to Raw.
7. Interface Customization: it would be nice if we could re arrange the adjustment categories as we like, or make bigger the adjustment screen/ tool bars.

2019-07-29 15:17:56

by Miguel 2019-07-29 12:05:44 Hi! I bought my iPad Pro 2018 recently so I can use it as an extension of my job. Currently I’ve been using it for creative stuff, specially photography. I found about this app and I have to say this is one of the best photography apps out there! It has many impressive tools and features, but still, I’m thinking it’s missing some others. Here is a list of tools and features that I would like to see implemented in this amazing App:
1. Selective Adjustments: just like Lightroom and Snapseed, it would be nice to apply some adjustments to just specific parts of a image and not to the whole image as it is now.
6. Exporting: It would be nice if we could export the image in its original format, for example, exporting to Raw.
7. Interface Customization: it would be nice if we could re arrange the adjustment categories as we like, or make bigger the adjustment screen/ tool bars.
All your suggestions are valid and most of them are in our plans for either the near- or long-term future. Except for exporting to RAW as that is a read-only format, so that is not possible technologically.

2020-01-27 00:46:54

I would love to see these improvements. ( -6 )

2020-01-27 21:56:38

by Miguel 2019-07-29 15:05:14 Hi! I bought my iPad Pro 2018 recently so I can use it as an extension of my job. Currently I’ve been using it for creative stuff, specially photography. I found about this app and I have to say this is one of the best photography apps out there! It has many impressive tools and features, but still, I’m thinking it’s missing some others. Here is a list of tools and features that I would like to see implemented in this amazing App:
This is what I was looking for.
Plus lens distortion correction, red eye reduction...
I am sure that Apple has database with lens correction and noise reduction, but not for all lenses and sometimes we would like to fine tune them.
I am ready to get rid of all other raw applications.
And not to forget I would love to have an redesigned photo browser with filmstrip.

2023-05-19 13:08:50

I'm curious as to how many of these requests have actually made it to an update in PX Pro? Cause I haven't been able to find them and they're not show cased on the site at all. Anyone have any idea?