Stuck "importing image"

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-12-19 08:34:07

Sometime in the last week, the behaviour of Photo on my iPad has changed.
Previously I could use the Open In... mechanism to load photos from any app.
Now, when I try it, Photo opens, but sits spinning and saying "Importing Image" forever.

Presumably Apple have broken something in an os update...

Has anyone else seen this?

2021-12-19 08:48:42

By "Open In..." I mean the standard "Share" option that lots of apps provide.

I find that sharing from some apps just get the sit-and-spin, whereas others eventually get a "Some of the selected images could not be processed". However, if I use Photo to open the exact same file explicitly (by navigating the application to a directory that I copy the image to) it opens fine. ie, store a JPG at the top of your iPad Files hierarchy. You can open it from inside Photo just fine, but if you use the Files app and try to Share it to Photo, it fails.

It really seems to relate to the "file sharing" mechanism, not the images themselves ...

2021-12-20 12:18:26

Hey, thanks for the report! Yeah, sounds like it could be something both system and Pixelmator Photo-related. We'll see if we can work this one out with Apple.

2022-01-13 20:09:58

by Aurelija 2021-12-20 01:18:26 Hey, thanks for the report! Yeah, sounds like it could be something both system and Pixelmator Photo-related. We'll see if we can work this one out with Apple.
Looks like you fixed it, at least for my use cases. Thanks.

2022-01-14 14:08:47

by jefflaing@gmail.com Looks like you fixed it, at least for my use cases. Thanks.
Sweet! Thanks for checking that. :ok_hand: