Bye Lightroom, Hello Pixelmator Photo

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-12-16 17:19:43

Hey,

I just got the possibility to Test and Try out Pixelmator Photo for the first time. WOW!
I am blown away by the user friendly design of the app as well as the seamless integration into iCloud Photos library. This is exactly what I have been looking for in a while now - because I am desperately looking for a permanent replacement for Lightroom CC. I have various reason for doing that.

Here is the thing: I love the integration and functionality of Pixelmator Photo on my iPad and iPhone a lot!

Here is what I am missing:

- a Mac Desktop App
- a smart way to port my Library from Lightroom including al edits and Raw images seamless into Pixelmator Photo / iCloud Photos library

I would be excited to see if I am the only one asking for that.
However, until a seamless way to import Lightroom into Pixelmator Photo / iCloud exists, I need to keep my Adobe Lightroom subscription. Any new taken Raw images I will only edit with Pixelmator Photo.

Well Done! :)

2021-12-16 18:59:26

A desktop app is in the works! As for porting libraries and presets, that's a real tough one at the moment. There may not be much we can do, but we can certainly look into it.

2021-12-16 19:02:33

by Andrius 2021-12-16 19:00:12 A desktop app is in the works! As for porting libraries and presets, that's a real tough one at the moment. There may not be much we can do, but we can certainly look into it.
I would be very happy knowing that you at least take a look at that. I already recommended the App to a few friends and will certainly continue to do so, as I am just amazed.

Thank you!

2021-12-16 19:03:05

:raised_hands:

2021-12-16 19:33:14

To make it a bit more "simple": It would be already helpful to have Pixelmator Photo be able to read .xmp files, that would come with each photo from Lightroom. Pixelmator Photo then maybe having a button to import all .XMP files and re-matching them with the photos they belong to again and then displaying the photos in the state of edit they were in Lightroom - and continuing the edit in Pixelmator Photo then.

This would basically solve this "problem" :)