How to Save a Transparent png

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-09-25 13:38:04

When I make my changes and indicate it’s a png, the result after saving is an image with a white background instead of a transparent one. How can I save my image and keep its transparent background.

2021-09-26 13:51:59

Just curious - how did you remove the background in Pixelmator Photo?

2021-09-26 14:02:45

I did not remove background from this app. I used to use photoshop touch app and removed the background from that app a few years ago. Unfortunately, that app has been discontinued and it no longer will work with the iOS upgrades. I have pixelmator but that app is difficult to use in changing colors. I had wanted to use it to change by magic wand and flood fill but it did not work. It was so easy with photoshop touch.

2021-09-29 12:29:48

by Sue W 2021-09-25 10:38:04 When I make my changes and indicate it’s a png, the result after saving is an image with a white background instead of a transparent one. How can I save my image and keep its transparent background.
That's due to the iOS limitation — when saving to Photos, JPEG file format is used by default, therefore transparent images lose their alpha channel. Try exporting or sharing the image instead of overwriting the original: tap More (the three dots in a circle), then choose Share > Save Image or choose Export > PNG > Save Image. Both methods should work.

2022-08-13 17:31:01

by Aurelija
That's due to the iOS limitation — when saving to Photos, JPEG file format is used by default, therefore transparent images lose their alpha channel. Try exporting or sharing the image instead of overwriting the original: tap More (the three dots in a circle), then choose Share > Save Image or choose Export > PNG > Save Image. Both methods should work.
This is not working. It worked in the past, just as you say…export as PNG. But when I want to add the PNG image I saved on top of a new image, the PNG image is static…it has a rectangular white box surrounding my signature. Is there a fix? Is Pixelmator going to fix this issue?