Storage of Original Files - iCloud not an option.

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-08-07 14:09:50

I use Pixelmator Pro primarily on my work (I work for a school system) MacBook Air, but sometimes on my home Mac Mini. For the last 5/6 years this has not been an issue b/c the pxd files have been saved on my iCloud. But the school district just cut off our ability to access iCloud on the computers.

So I copied all the pxd files (7 gigs) over to a SD card I have permanently plugged into my MBA. The issue is Pixelmator Pro says that is not permeant storage and will not let me save.

I do have Dropbox and it has a folder on my MBA viewable through finder. My question is, if I move my Pixelmator Pro library over to that folder on my computer will Pixelmator Pro let me save files there?

2021-08-24 11:01:29

I do have Dropbox and it has a folder on my MBA viewable through finder. My question is, if I move my Pixelmator Pro library over to that folder on my computer will Pixelmator Pro let me save files there?
You can save files to Dropbox. The only issue is that Pixelmator Pro native files (PXD) are package-based at the moment and Dropbox won't be able to read them. Luckily, there are improvements regarding this limitation lined up for the next Pixelmator Pro update, making the files binary, so your idea will most likely work. :)