profiles when exporting from raw to jpeg files

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-06-30 14:23:34

When exporting a raw to jpeg file I can choose between an sRGB, Display P3 or Adobe RGB (1998) option. What is the difference between these options?

2021-07-01 14:39:48

In the Export dialog, there are many different color profiles you can choose from — sRGB, Display P3 and Adobe RGB (1998) are just three of the most commonly used ones. sRGB, for instance, is the profile most web browsers use to display images. So if you're usually sharing your work online, and look for consistency across a wide range of devices, you'll most likely want to choose this profile.

In the meantime, Display P3 and Adobe RGB (1998) offer a wider palette of colors compared to sRGB and will look best on Wide Gamut displays. In particular, with Display P3, you'll see a bit more depth in the yellows and reds, and with Adobe RGB (1998) — in the greens and blues of an image. If you're not doing any particularly color-sensitive work, though, there's really no need to bother with the different color profiles — sRGB should be sufficient for most projects. :)

2021-07-01 17:35:22

I asked the question about Display P3 recently and was told that there is no such option in Pixelmator Photo.

There is no list of color space options in the export menu I’m looking at. Does this really exist now. Please share a screenshot for Pixelmator Photo for the iPad which this sub forum is all about. Thanks.

2021-07-02 15:29:12

I believe editor had Pixelmator Pro for Mac in mind. In Pixelmator Photo there is, indeed, no way to choose a specific color profile when exporting.

2024-03-05 15:00:07

by Aurelija In the Export dialog, there are many different color profiles you can choose from — sRGB, Display P3 and Adobe RGB (1998) are just three of the most commonly used ones. sRGB, for instance, is the profile most web browsers use to display images. So if you're usually sharing your work online, and look for consistency across a wide range of devices, you'll most likely want to choose this profile.

In the meantime, Display P3 and Adobe RGB (1998) offer a wider palette of colors compared to sRGB and will look best on Wide Gamut displays. In particular, with Display P3, you'll see a bit more depth in the yellows and reds, and with Adobe RGB (1998) — in the greens and blues of an image. If you're not doing any particularly color-sensitive work, though, there's really no need to bother with the different color profiles — sRGB should be sufficient for most projects. :)
How do I set the export to sRBG though? I only see the document type (HEIC, JPEG, etc)