Pixelmator Photo on MacBook Air?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-03-02 20:51:53

Have been using Pixelmator Photo on the iPad Pro ... anyone have experienced it on the MacBook Air with M1?

2021-03-09 14:17:11

Heya, David. Pixelmator Photo is only available on iPad for now. We're thinking of bringing Pixelmator Photo to Mac at some point down the line but a version for iPhone will most likely come sooner.

2021-03-09 15:18:57

I meant Pixelmator on the new M1 macs ...

2021-03-10 16:15:21

We haven't made it available on the Mac App Store. Yes, I know there are "workarounds", but the experience won't be optimized and there will be issues. However, a native Mac app is on our roadmap, as Aurelija said, so hopefully that's good news, at least. :wink:

2021-03-16 22:21:21

Pixelmator Photo for Mac can't come soon enough IMO. Pixelmator Photo is an absolutely astounding piece of software, but in 2021 I simply can't commit to migrating my entire organization and editing workflow over to an app that doesn't offer cross-platform support (at least between iPad and Mac, frankly I could care less about being able to edit photos on a phone-sized screen). It's also a tragedy that I'm unable to use Pixelmator Photo on my XDR Display. :)