After update I can’t find my photos anymore ...

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-04-11 06:40:11

So I can browse the ”files”-part of my ipad with pixelmator photo, but no ”photos”-part cant be seen anymore. Also it tries to give me a possibility to get my photos back, but it really doesn’t just work. I took a screen capture of what I’m facing. I would really much like to get my photos back how they were.

Here is a video
https://youtu.be/CxwZzrtmEXs

2020-04-11 06:59:44

Wait.. I opened a photo using the ipads own files app and now I have my photos-part of the pixelmator photo, not just ”files”. We’ll see if this is going to happen again.

edit.. WAIT ! so there is a button to switch between photos and files.. it was hidden too well.. maybe put it on the top bar next to the three dots?

ps. the healing tool thingie is now blazing fast! thanks!

2020-04-14 16:31:01

Hi Pepe, apologies for the temporary disorientation! We thought the button makes sense in the More menu but when you're used to seeing it in the toolbar, the confusion is understandable. Glad to hear you managed to find it!

2021-08-12 16:04:05

I somehow found this but have no idea how to do it again.

This was a really bad change. Please just add Photos back to the left nav!

2021-08-13 16:01:03

In order to flip between Photos and Files you need to tap the Gear Icon. IMO, that is not intuitive. You guys might want to noodle on that.

2021-08-24 10:47:08

by pjglad 2021-08-13 13:01:03 In order to flip between Photos and Files you need to tap the Gear Icon. IMO, that is not intuitive. You guys might want to noodle on that.
We've been thinking about this ourselves but so far, haven't really found a better design decision for it. Nevertheless, if you have any ideas as to how we can improve this, they're more than welcome! :)