Resize method?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2020-04-10 10:43:36

What resize method does the Pixelmator Photo ipad app uses?

Resampling (Lanczos) is sometimes described a superior method in terms of quality, but it has it’s artefacts as well, and I read, that performace oriented methods are preferred on ios.

Can we have a choice maybe?

2020-04-10 14:42:03

We use Lanczos in Pixelmator Photo but a choice would be a nice feature to have, sure — I've added this to our feature request list!

2020-04-10 16:54:52

Thank you for the quick response! For me, this is what I hoped for, I am glad, we don’t trade off quality for speed!

Do I understand correctly, that the app uses apple RAW engine, which by default applies lens correction?

I use Sony a6000 and Sony lenses.

I wonder, does the apple engine corrects for distorsion and chromatic aberration as well?

2020-04-10 18:23:57

Imo, I don't think we have chromatic aberration in this engine.
My Panasonic lenses are not corrected for CA.
That's why I was asking for such a tool.

2020-04-15 14:05:21

by Laszlo Tamas 2020-04-10 16:54:52 Thank you for the quick response! For me, this is what I hoped for, I am glad, we don’t trade off quality for speed!

Do I understand correctly, that the app uses apple RAW engine, which by default applies lens correction?

I use Sony a6000 and Sony lenses.

I wonder, does the apple engine corrects for distorsion and chromatic aberration as well?
No problem, happy to help!

As for lens correction — geometric distortion and vignetting should be corrected but CA isn't corrected. Also, it looks like there isn't a public list of supported lenses...