iPad storage growing and growing

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-11-16 21:49:58

Hi. I’m using Px Photo, and as I’m using the the size of the app in storage is growing and growing. When it gets to about 2gb I have to delete and redownload as my iPad runs out of space.
Is there a way to just clear the cache or have that happen automatically?
Thanks

2019-11-18 12:13:53

Hi Darren, Pixelmator Photo stores edits nondestructively by default (in a hidden linked file) and, once you delete the app, those edits are deleted too. As it looks like you might not need those nondestructive edits, you can go to Settings > Pixelmator Photo > Workflow and choose Destructive Editing, which won't save any .PHOTO files, though once you save your changes, you'll only be able to revert to the original image in Photos (in Files, the changes won't be revertable).

What's more in the most recent Pixelmator Photo update (1.1.2, which was released just an hour or so ago), those linked files will no longer be hidden, so another solution to this would be to open the Linked Files folder inside the Pixelmator Photo folder (saved on your iPad by default), where you can delete the files you no longer need or all of them at once.

Hope that helps!

2019-11-18 13:55:35

Perfect! Thank you!

2019-11-18 14:02:04

Happy to help!

2020-10-24 09:50:21

Me too have the same issue. I have already deleted the files in pixelmator folder but the space consumed by the app seems not to be reduced significantly unless it is reinstall again. Is there any other solution to this ?

2020-10-24 14:42:59

And also every time I open up the app, app storage consumption increases even though no changes done to excising photos or no any new files are added. Please let me know what is going on. If this is a bug I think developers should hurry to fix it as it is very annoying for a paid app.

2020-10-26 13:09:25

by Udara 2020-10-24 11:42:59 And also every time I open up the app, app storage consumption increases even though no changes done to excising photos or no any new files are added. Please let me know what is going on. If this is a bug I think developers should hurry to fix it as it is very annoying for a paid app.
If you haven't yet, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? That does sound like a potential bug we should investigate. :wink:

2020-10-31 06:14:46

I’m also experiencing this where even with all of the linked files deleted, the Documents & Data usage still shows over 1GB.

2020-11-02 17:13:35

by infias 2020-10-31 04:14:46 I’m also experiencing this where even with all of the linked files deleted, the Documents & Data usage still shows over 1GB.
If you could also shoot us an email at support@pixelmator.com, that would be much appreciated!