Image Resize on Export, watermarking feature

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-04-18 19:09:46

Would like the see these useful pro tools/features, willing to do in-app purchase for this features.

1. Resize image when exporting. Currently, I export from Pixelmator Photo, do import in Affinity Photo to resize and upload to a website with the appropriate size. Pixelmator Pro on my Mac has this resize feature, would love to see it in Pixelmator Photo.

2. Automated ability to add text for watermarking. Set a watermarking/photogapher name credit and apply on export.
What I do now is I export the image from Pixelmator Photo and import it to Lightroom, then export with (C) marking and IPTC metadata.

I'll be okay with even $50 in-app purchase for this, these are the pro features I need in my photo processing. I hope these features fall in your radar/roadmap.

2019-04-18 19:32:48

+1 resize

2019-04-20 17:35:14

Well, I'm happy to say you won't have to pay 50 whole dollars for this because, at least for resize upon export, that's on the roadmap. Watermarking seems like a pretty logical step too, though this one isn't lined up for the near future. But it is most definitely on the feature request list.

2019-04-21 21:52:34

I’m eagerly looking forward to the resizing and watermarking, too.

Is the roadmap a public document or is it internal? I use Luminary’s (can I say that here) on the desktop, too, and they publish a roadmap for users. I’m currently using a watermarking and resizing app alongside Pixelmator Photo and would like an elegant, all-in-one solution (preferably Pixelmator Photo).

2019-04-23 08:05:50

by ScottHampton I’m eagerly looking forward to the resizing and watermarking, too.

Is the roadmap a public document or is it internal? I use Luminary’s (can I say that here) on the desktop, too, and they publish a roadmap for users. I’m currently using a watermarking and resizing app alongside Pixelmator Photo and would like an elegant, all-in-one solution (preferably Pixelmator Photo).
You can talk about any app you want, it's fine. :smile: The feature request list and roadmap are internal — we don't really have any plans for a public one, to be honest, but we do share info about updates on the forum and on social media when people ask. Right now, for Pixelmator Photo, we're working on an ML-powered Denoise and artifact removal tool, a Clarity adjustment, a Vignette effect and a few other things that we'd like to keep more of a surprise.

2019-04-23 10:17:31

by Andrius 2019-04-23 08:05:50
You can talk about any app you want, it's fine. :smile: The feature request list and roadmap are internal — we don't really have any plans for a public one, to be honest, but we do share info about updates on the forum and on social media when people ask. Right now, for Pixelmator Photo, we're working on an ML-powered Denoise and artifact removal tool, a Clarity adjustment, a Vignette effect and a few other things that we'd like to keep more of a surprise.
(That was an autocorrect earlier, I meant Luminar, not Luminary…)

OK, I understand. The surprise is always good. Looking forward to what’s to come.

2019-06-02 17:52:53

+1000 resize for web.

2019-06-11 08:40:33

+1 for resizing !
thanks !!

2019-06-29 15:47:51

+1 for More export options, to by pass the social compression