Layers

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2019-04-09 10:42:56

I just watched the video tutorial on layers but I can’t figure out how to do it in the app.

2019-04-09 10:45:41

by Aixa 2019-04-09 07:43:56 I just watched the video tutorial on layers but I can’t figure out how to do it in the app.
Which video tutorial would that be? Pixelmator Photo is not a layer-based image editor, but a photo editing/development app so layers aren't available in the app, at least not at this time.

2019-04-09 12:01:23

I see. And there’s no selection tool, either?

2019-04-09 18:31:36

Aixa, Pixelmator for Ipad (NOT Pixelmator Photo) has layers, selection tools and much more. I have tried using them together and it makes a very good combo. Right now my preference is to open a raw file in Pixelmator Photo, process it—but if, for instance I want to use layers I now need to copy it to Files/Icloud Drive, save to the Photos app or copy it (from share icon). Then its possible to open that jpeg file to Pixelmator (for Ipad) and use layers, selections, etc from Icloud Drive, Photos or Clipboard. I would like to be able to open the PP file directly into Pixelmator. Right now you can open a Pixelmator for Ipad file (either merged/flatttened layers or unmerged)into Pixelmator Photo—I would like to open either way.

2019-04-09 18:36:58

Thank you for that. I use the original Pixelmator for iPad a lot! When they showed it off at the Apple Keynote years ago, I bought the new iPad Air just for it. I was hoping this would be like an upgraded version of the old app. Right now, I’m not sure why I need it. I think it’s a simplified version.