Cut out irregular image

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2021-11-03 16:05:48

I may be missing something, but I used to be able to create a path around an irregular shape and "select" that path, making sure I had the background layer of my image chosen, and copy and paste the outlined area only into a new blank document. Now when I make the path editable I don't see a way to select the area inside the path to copy and paste. What am I missing?

2021-11-04 09:30:37

Hi GrayHawk53. I believe this functionality is from a different app? There isn't a direct way to select paths in Pixelmator Pro but if you make sure the path is filled (with color or gradient), you can choose Edit > Load Selection to select what's inside it. This method is discussed in more detail here.

2021-11-04 11:16:50

Thank you Aurelija. I confess this is something I was used to doing for years in Photoshop. It’s a once-a-year project that I migrated to Pixelmator last year successfully. Thanks for the link. I’ll check that out.

2021-11-04 16:33:38

That absolutely did it Aurejila! I’ve edited my how-to cheat sheet for next year and will include that link. Thanks!

2021-11-08 10:02:59

by GrayHawk53 2021-11-04 14:33:38 That absolutely did it Aurejila! I’ve edited my how-to cheat sheet for next year and will include that link. Thanks!
Nice! Glad that helped. :raised_hands: