Camera Info Deleted on PXD

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2021-11-03 01:16:29

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am glad to meet you all.

My camera takes photos in JPEG, which converts to PXD when editing in Pixelmator. I can successfully convert the PXD files back to JPEG. However, it appears that the camera info on the files (shutter speed, ISO, aperture number, etc) is deleted. I don't see the info on the PXD file either, but it is there on the original JPEG. This is an issue when uploading to sites like Alamy, because that info is required.

Is there any way to preserve the camera info when working with Pixelmator, or does the PXD format always delete it? Thanks in advance!!

2021-11-03 09:07:07

Hi Adelyn,
I can´t confirm this behavior you described. I´d checked via "I" (Info) about Exif/TIFF/Exif Aux/PNG Properties inside Pixelmator Pro.
After "File->Export" to JPEG it´s: General/EXIF/IPTC/JFIF/TIFF
Values are maintained and preserved - I just used ML Enhance before export. Don´t use Export for Web… which will strip unnecessary info to reduce file size. I checked with Preview.app

2021-11-04 09:49:04

Hi Adelyn and welcome to the forum! :wave: Just like EllenM pointed out, other than using Export for Web, I couldn't reproduce the metadata wipe on my end either. Some more detailed steps of how you import images and how you export them would probably shine a bit more light on this.