How to open Panasonic Lumix S5 RAWS (RW2) in Pixelmator Pro

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2021-07-11 14:30:41

As the Lumix DC-S5 is not yet listed in Apple cameras compatibility list, Pixelmator Pro just can't recognise the RW2 issued by the camera. Too bad ! but, after 2 weeks of struggling and messing around, trying all types of non-sensical apps - by courtesy I won't give names ;- and miscellaneous soluces), I finally found a way to override this limitation, thanks to a YouTube post by Nick Driftwood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw-s6b2la5Q

You just have to open the RW2 files with an HexEditor (I took the free "Hex Fiend") and replace the camera name DC-S5 into DC-S1 twice in the Header, Save, and it does the trick. Now Pixelmator Pro can do its job, and it does it well ! Of course, process is a bit tiresome as each RAW has to be opened, modified and saved but it works. Nick made my day. I hope it may help S5 Mac users !

2021-07-14 12:18:52

Nice workaround. :ok_hand: Thanks for sharing it here!

2021-07-17 10:58:07

I personally don't own that camera, but if I hear anyone with that camera and a Mac, I'll link to this page! its so frustrating when something doesn't work!